A New Member

TIME SKIP TO 12 MONTHS LATER

CRYSTAL'S POV:

I sat in front of the tv, scanning through each channel. Theo was in the kitchen washing the dishes so I was looking for something we could both watch when he's done. Normally there would be really good channels on with good animations and stuff but today it was all bad. It was only things like new kids shows that didn't really hit as different as the old ones, although Miraculous was on and that show was pretty cool. I felt my stomach start to hurt as I felt a kicking sensation.

Well.... Me and Theo may have done something 2 and a half months after we got married and... I guess you know. I've been pregnant for about 9 months now so the baby could come at any moment for all I know. What I can say though, is that we are both very excited. We've been to the hospital and we found out it's a girl, and we decided on a name already. That name is Sophia. I'm sure it will suit her. I can't wait to raise a child with Theo.

Suddenly, a pan or something could be heard dropping onto the kitchen floor, Theo making a weird noise. My head swung to turn to the kitchen door. "You okay, my love?" I called into the kitchen.

I heard him pick it up before he shouted back. "Yeah, everything's good!" And he continued. I smiled slightly as I laid back again, picking up the remote to continue surfing channels.

But I couldn't. I dropped the remote beside me as I started to feel kicking again and this time it was really starting to hurt. I winced at the pain, trying to ignore it, but it was getting too much. I held onto my stomach and took a deep breath, tears springing to my eyes just like they would if I cut an onion.

Theo walked in, drying his hands with a towel. He sat next to me and kissed me on the cheek lightly. "Baby kicking again?" he asked. I nodded, a tear rolling down my face. "It'll be okay. You'll be oka-"

I screamed at the top of my lungs at the intensity of the pain I felt. The sofa beneath me was soaking wet and I knew that was coming. She was coming. Theo jumped out of his skin, concerned as ever as I shouted out. "THEO.. AH- THEO I THINK MY WATER BROKE."

"OK- OK.. LETS GET YOU TO THE CAR!"

He rushed over to the key rack and grabbed his keys before he came back and picked me up gently, running to the car as fast as he could, placing me in the backseat. He was in his pyjamas and slippers so I wondered what people would think of him. He turned on the ignition as I continued to scream in the backseat of the car.

He looked at me and back at the road, repeating his words. "Crystal, it's okay, you'll be okay just take deep breaths okay.."

I listened to him through my tears and tried but I couldn't stop thinking about the pain enough to do anything else. "Please! Hurry Theo." I cried.

He nodded. "Don't worry we'll be there soon, I promise. Just hang tight love, okay?"

FEW MINUTES LATER

He ran as he carried me into the hospital, screaming. "HELP! PLEASE, MY WIFE IS PREGNANT AND ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH!"

Tears continued to stream out of my eyes as all I could feel was pain. Everyone around us was staring as about 5 doctors rushed to us. They laid me down on a bed and rushed me into a hospital room.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

I sat in the hospital bed, out of breath. There wasn't any pain anymore. It was all gone, but there was someone new that sat in my arms. Theo was sat beside me, smiling brightly at our new family member. He looked tired as hell and he really could use a sleep. We have been in hospital for over an hour and the time is already 2AM. The bags under his eyes were clearly visible. He was going pica boo with her and it was adorable, although Sophia didn't really know what was going on.

"Awhh, Crystal she's so cute." said Theo, leaning back into his chair and yawning.

I yawned as well and changed position in the bed. "Isn't she?" I smiled in her direction, rocking her slightly. She was starting to fall asleep.

"I think you should sleep too, Theo." I looked over at him, and he was yawning again.

He shrugged, staring at me. His hand laid gently on my arm. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" he asked.

"I'll be fine." I answered. "Make sure you find somewhere comfortable to sleep, don't want you having a bad back now."

He nodded, getting up and walking out of the room, the door clicking shut behind him. I turned my attention back to Sophia who was now fast asleep.

THEO'S POV:

I walked down the halls silently, looking for a doctor, shock in my tired eyes. I can't believe this is life. My wife has just given birth to our child, to Sophia, and let me tell you... She is beautiful. She hasn't yet opened her eyes and I can't wait to see who's eyes she's inherited. Ah, I can't wait.

Before long, a doctor came up to me and I asked her if I could have a blanket for the night. She happily gave me one and gave me a comfortable place to sleep. I fell asleep almost immediately because I was so tired.