First Kiss

THEO'S POV:

I petted Barney as I watched Crystal reading Tokyo Ghoul. She seemed to really like that anime. It's my favourite! Barney barked at me and nudged my knee, making me look back at him. Crystal turned her head in awe and smiled at Barney before she turned back to the book and turned the page. Barney was giving me what I call 'The Stare', which meant he wanted food or he wanted more pets. I petted him again but he barked, giving me the signal that he wanted food.

I stood up, straightening my hoodie because it was still very hot. "I'm just gonna feed Barney." I said, pointing to where I would be if she needed me to Crystal as she held the manga open in front of her, watching Barney wander off into the kitchen, his tail swishing in the air. She nodded at me silently and read the last page of her book then put it at her side, looking at the other volumes and other books.

I turned away and walked into the kitchen where Barney was sitting by his food bowl. I grabbed his bowl and the food bin. I filled his bowl to his average amount in the middle of the day, the food making a sound as it filled the bowl, and set it down onto the floor. I clicked my fingers, which meant he could eat now. He dived his face right into the bowl making me laugh. I remember when I first taught him to do it, it made me so happy because I had been training him for a while and he wasn't listening, but I guess it happens if you try enough.

I heard something drop in the living room and I heard Crystal make a weird noise. Barney lifted his head for a moment, but then almost immediately put his face back in, chewing his biscuits. I skidded out of the kitchen, slightly slipping, too see Crystal looking scared. There were a couple books on the floor and I memorised them before I changed my attention to Crystal. I walked over, and she cowered.

My eyes widened and I stepped back slightly. She held onto her arm and looked at me in bewilderment.

I stuttered for a moment. "A-Are you..." I paused as she lowered her arms. She brushed her hand over her arm and sighed, lifting a hand to her face and covering it.

"I'm so sorry.." she said, her eye on the floor with the books. Her lips quivered for a moment more before she started picking them up as I started to worry. I pursed my lips and scratched my neck. I walked over to her and took the books out of her hands. Her eye looked at mine and I grabbed her hand gently. "It's okay, you sit down, I'll do this for you." I said as I started to pick up the books from the floor. I shelved them all back neatly and cleared my throat. "I think this shelf may need dusting." I swiped my finger across the shelf and a little bit of dust held onto me.

I shook my head and turned around to see Crystal mesmerised. I gave her a look as if to say 'What?' but she didn't say anything until after about a minute of silence.

"T-Thank you.." she mumbled, grabbing her hoodie sleeves and pulling them over her hands as if she was cold. I nodded.

"Can I sit next to you by any chance? It's okay if not!" I asked politely.

She nudged herself to the side a bit and held her hand out, nodding. I wandered over and sat down beside her. She was all cuddled up in her hoodie and she looked so cute. I just want to kiss her. I... want to kiss her...

Her face was shiny and her blue oceanic eye was glowing. She was blinking, unaware. I lifted my hand up to her shoulder and we got closer to each other by the second. I cupped her face in my hand and she looked flustered, her cheeks turning red.

"Theo..?" she said. I shushed her, smiling and blushing slightly. I drew myself in closer. Our lips were almost touching. Just almost. Barney was also in the room and he was watching us from afar, his tail shaking wildly. I guess he had finished his food.

I lowered my eyes, my heart thumping ferociously in my chest, unable to contain my excitement. The butterflies in my stomach were fluttering like crazy. But then it just happened suddenly. Crystal watched me as it happened, our lips touching. She looked shocked for a moment on but then she accepted it. She closed her eyes and deepened the kiss. I closed mine too, lifting my hand up from her shoulder and running my hand through her hair, untangling any knots that were present. She wrapped her hands around my neck and stopped kissing me for a second, staring at me.

"Show me that other eye." she said calmly. She gently lifted a hand and pulled the eyepatch off of me, my green eye that had been locked away for as long as I can remember staring back at her. "It's beautiful Theo, you don't have to hide it." she said. I could hear and feel her heart from how close she was to me.

She didn't even give me a chance to reply before she went into kissing me again. I think I have found my new comfort.