Were Separated For A Reason

CRYSTALS POV:

I closed the car door and stormed over to where Theo and his ex were standing. I could feel my blood boil as I watched her turn to me and roll her eyes as she licked at her lollipop. It was making her tongue blue and she was just snickering at me. Theo gave a quick glance behind us and then at me, before he turned back to his ex.

"I've told you not to follow me anymore, Amy." he said coldly, letting go of her slightly.

She laughed again. "And I'm not listening to what you've told me." she smirked and bit down on her lollipop, all the little pieces getting smaller as she chewed them to bits. Her tongue was as blue as Theo's living room wallpaper.

I could tell Theo was holding back his anger. His fist was clenched and his eyes were low as he stared right into her eyes.

I staggered towards her and moved Theo out of the way, and I could feel his confusion all over me. Amy looked me up and down and made a face of disgust.

"He told you to stop following him, you fucking bitch."
"And who says that you can speak to me that way, you horrible cow." she reached out her arm and grabbed at my hair and tugged it roughly. I cried out in pain before Theo slapped her hand off of me.

"GET OFF OF HER YOU DICKHEAD!" he shouted.

Our bickering was quickly stopped when a man walked past and saw us. He hurried over to us and separated us with his arms. Theo and Amy were arguing with him while I sat back down in the car trying to hold back my panic attack. The way she hurt me was similar to the way Connor hurt me and I didn't want to be reminded of him ever again... I guess all I have to remember is that he isn't here anymore and he can't hurt me.

Theo pushed at the mans grip, trying to get to Amy, who was claiming he attacker her. She was screaming.

"He assaulted me sir! He attacked me! I was just minding my own business and he randomly attacked me." she even added fake tears to make it more realistic, but in my eyes you could see right through her.

"STOP LYING!" Theo's voice surrounded the whole car park and people were beginning to gather around his car. "SIR SHE'S LYING."

He had stopped trying to push against him and his hand was up, his finger pointing at her.

I finally stood up when I felt I had enough confidence. I claimed my spot by Theo's side and argued that she was faking it too. The man was utterly confused and didn't know who to believe as he turned his head back and to from me and Theo to Amy. It was stressful.

It took a while but in the end they believed us, and Amy was reported to the police. Everyone left and me and Theo were just staring at each other.

I tried, but just couldn't hold it back. My tears fell from my eyes like a river and now that I had started I couldn't stop, they just kept coming and there was no way that anything could make it go away, make my sad feelings and trauma I inherited from Connor go away.

Theo's expression quickly changed from relived to worried as he wrapped his arms around me. He rubbed his hands against my cheek and wiped my tears away, kissing my cheek lightly. I blushed a little.

He was muttering to me. "Shh. Shh... it's okay, you'll be okay."

I buried my head into his shoulder and we both fell to the floor, the rubble beneath digging into my thigh. No one was around so it didn't matter.

"I-It's just..." I began. I didn't know whether I actually wanted to tell him yet... "N-Never mind.."

He nodded, still hugging me tightly. He didn't once stop trying to comfort me. I think I've maybe found someone who actually cares.

"You didn't believe anything she said, right?" he said suddenly, knocking me out of zoning out. He rubbed my cheek again softly.

He was staring into my eye and didn't stop. I stuttered as I replied. "N-No." I said, sniffling.

"Are you sure?"

It was really hard not to tell him when he looked so reassuring. Maybe I'll tell you one day, Theo, one day. My eyes wondered around and I wondered whether anyone was listening to our conversation. I wanted to get out of this place already and get back to Theo's house.

"I'm s-sure. Can we head back to your home?" I asked quietly. He nodded obediently and lifted me up gently and opened my side of the car. He smiled as I sat down, wiping my eyes and smiled at him too.

30 MINUTES LATER

THEO'S POV:

We arrived back at my house after around half an our. I had scratches all over my arms from when Amy tried to get to me, but luckily the man stopped her.

Crystal was silent the whole car ride, not saying a thing as she stared at the outside out the window, occasionally wiping her eyes for any tears.

I don't know what this girl has been through, but she's obviously been through a lot and I need to take care of her.

I pulled into my driveway, aligning the car up and turning the keys to stop the car. Crystal was already staring at me when I turned to her. She looked eager to ask something.

I didn't hesitate to ask "Are you okay?"

She shook her head and rubbed at her arm. "U-Um... are you really sure it's okay I sleep at your house? I'm not too much of a pain am i?" she asked, fiddling with her hands and playing with her dungaree straps.

"Of course not! I didn't buy you pyjamas today for nothing, right?"

We both laughed a bit and she smiled, looking relieved.

We both got out of the car and headed into the house. We took our shoes off and she was headed upstairs when she stopped. I raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Do you need any-"
"Thank you, Theo."
I could feel my stomach fill up with butterflies suddenly.
"For everything."

Her back was still turned to me, but I didn't see it much longer as she rushed up the remaining stairs, stalling on the landing for a while until she finally found the bathroom and closed the door.

I held a hand up to my chest and all I could feel were my rapid heart beats.