Little Disaster

THE NEXT DAY

THEO'S POV:

The next day me and Crystal roamed the streets on a walk. We didn't talk of last night, which made me feel kind of relieved. It had rained earlier and we walked underneath an umbrella which I held above us, we were laughing since Crystal splashed my feet because she stomped in a puddle. It was absolutely pouring it down. After we went to Mcdonald's, both for food and cover, we talked about maybe getting Crystal her own house... but I was happy enough with her at mine since I didn't mind. I also bought a bucket load of food for us to live on for the next few weeks.

I am thinking of confessing to her soon. I know I haven't known her for that long but my feelings have grown strong for her, and I'm sure that kiss just didn't mean just nothing. We don't talk about the kiss now, although for me it was a pretty big thing. I hope she says yes. God help me, she's so pretty. I want to kiss her again.

My eyes widened as I suddenly bumped into a very... tall man. He was around 6'5, which is really tall, and I'm only 5'9.

He was holding alcohol in his hand and he looked really drunk. He kind of looked like the guy on the tv last night... that Toby guy or whatever... I looked at Crystal for a moment and she tried to tell me to walk away, but I didn't. He turned to me and his face quickly turned to a frown as he dropped his bottle of alcohol. It smashed on the floor exploding into loads of tiny shards of glass. He was now clenching his fist.

"Look where you're going you fucking twat." he said coldly without hesitation. The liquid inside his bottle was going down the drain beside us.

I winced at him and raised my arms, confused. "And you're just gonna ignore you were standing in the middle of the sidewalk?" I said, angrily.

I felt Crystal tug on my jacket but I ignored it. If this guy thinks he's right for standing in the middle of the sidewalk then it isn't my fault.

"Fuck off dickhead." he blurted out in a drunk mess. You could hear how drunk he was from his voice.

I looked to the side and I saw that he had another full bag of about 12 bottles of alcohol. Dickhead.

"Well get to the fucking side of the sidewalk then." I mumbled.

I felt Crystal grab my hand and pull me away. I looked at her with red blushing cheeks. "Let's just go Theo, we don't want to mess with him." she said, pulling me further away.

I heard the man laugh to his drunk self behind me. I hope he gets off of alcohol soon, it sure doesn't fit with him.

A FEW WEEKS LATER

CRYSTAL'S POV:

Me and Theo had been hanging out a lot recently. We were best friends ever since he found me, and we tended to be inseparable. Every time I looked into his eyes they sparkled, and I just wanted to stare into them all day long.

Even though I was constantly reminded of Connor, even though he was gone, I tried to get through it. It was hard. It was really hard. I flinched at almost anything and I found myself crying in bathrooms all the time. Theo didn't know. He knew nothing. I was too scared to tell him anything incase he might get mad at me. I didn't want to annoy him, because I could just imagine how annoyed he'd be at me, just like Connor. But he never did.. He was a good man..

Today wasn't anything special, Theo invited me out to a restaurant with him, said it was his favourite. Of course I said yes. I liked him, loved him even, and I'd do anything for him.

We were sat by a table in the corner of the restaurant. It had 2 windows which we could look out of and see the view of the mountains and other buildings. There were also a few flower pots on the window sill, and I couldn't help but touch them because they were so pretty. But I had this overwhelming feeling coming over me. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt like I was going to burst out crying.