Make up

THEO'S POV:

The next morning, everything was a blur. I stumbled around clumsily and my heart was aching, thinking about what I said to Crystal the other night. I hadn't changed from my jumper before I went to bed and I felt disgusting. I wanted to cry but I knew I couldn't. I stared at myself in the mirror. I stood there wondering whether I was really good enough for Crystal, and I wasn't just some guy. Just some guy being obsessive and annoying.

After a while I headed downstairs, my heart threatening to make me cry in front of Brandon and Spencer. But I knew I had to be strong.

I sat downstairs with Brandon and Spencer to eat breakfast, and I ain't gonna lie, it was delicious. Spencer cooked sausages and eggs and it tasted really good. Brandon also commented that he liked it.

I found myself wondering why I have such a nice girlfriend. Like I don't really deserve her, like she isn't meant for me. I'm just going to hurt her again... I don't deserve her.

"Theo?" said Spencer gnawing. He was chewing his final sausage before he then swallowed it. He was staring at me.

"W-What." I mumbled, leaning on my hand and not making any direct eye contact with him.

He set his plate aside, playing with his fingers. Brandon was sat across the table with his cup of tea, sipping it silently like he always does. My eyes were jittery and there was a lump in my throat. Spencer sighed and spoke. "You alright?"

I shook my head and I could already feel the tears coming. My hands automatically lifted themselves up to my eyes when the tears came streaming out. Spencer rushed over to me, putting his arms around my shoulder. I didn't want to look up. I shouldn't be crying..

Brandon for once in a while had a different emotion. He looked shocked, and worried. He came over after a second and patted my head. "Ah, please don't be sad, man." he said, giving me hug suddenly.

My heart was aching so much I didn't know what to do. Am I overreacting? I just love her so much even the slightest thing I do that hurts her makes me hurt even more.

CRYSTAL'S POV:

I yawned as I picked up my toothbrush that lay next to my parents ones. I could tell that Chris had been in here before me because he hadn't cleaned up the sink when he was done and it was all disgusting. I wiped it all away with my hands before I began to brush my teeth. I glided the toothbrush back and forth over my teeth as I heard my mother shouting about something on the news, and my father shouting at her to be quiet because he was reading the newspaper. I guessed that Chris was in his room. My parents had always been early birds, and I had always been a night owl. It just kind of annoyed me how they'd do anything they possibly could to wake me up. Like hoovering at 6am. Blaring the tv at 7, and much more so I would t be able to get any sleep.

I spat into the sink before I wiped my mouth with the towel. I set my toothbrush aside and put the toothpaste in the cupboard underneath the sink.

I looked up, examining my face. I noticed I was breaking out in spots and my face was full of acne. So I stayed there popping some of them for a while. It kept me busy, anyway.

Afterwards, I headed back into my room and I lay on my bed, thinking of Theo with his little eyepatch with the heart, smiling with his cheeks red. I smiled, a tear rolling down my cheek. I miss him.

I jumped when I heard my brother screaming at a game. Call of duty again, huh?

I rubbed my eyes before I heard a knock on the front door. I wiped my eyes quickly and stumbled over to the window to look whether I could see who it was, but I couldn't. I sighed. I was about to head back into my bed before I heard my mother screaming my name from downstairs. I let out an agitated sigh before she came out with "CRYSTAL! SOMEONE SPECIAL IS HERE TO SEE YOU!"

My eyes widened and I rushed to gather some clothes out of the wardrobe. I slipped them on and I chucked my pyjamas to the side of my bed. My heart was beating insanely fast because I knew exactly who it was, but I was scared to talk to him.

My mother screamed up the stairs again. "I'LL LEAVE YOU TWO TO DO YOUR THING!" and I heard the living room door shut. I was on the landing and I could see the porch door hanging open. I gulped, both excited and kind of scared as I made my way down the stairs, hoping it actually was Theo and not someone else.

I cleared my throat, standing behind the door for a while, kind of preparing myself, when there was nothing to even prepare for, before I slid myself into the open, and there he was. Theo, still wearing his Christmas jumper, stood outside with his back facing me, playing with his fingers and admiring the birds flying by.

My heart leaped and I wanted to say something.

"I-... Theo.." I said, feeling the beats of my heart thumping ferociously.

He turned around in a flash, his eyes lighting up. He was still playing with his fingers and he looked like he didn't know what to say. I drew myself closer and admired him, feeling myself aching because I'd missed him that badly, not even being able to go a day without seeing him.

"Theo.." I mumbled again.

He smiled, then looked down. He looked like he now wanted to say something. "Crystal.. I just wanna say I'm really sorry." he brought out suddenly. "I was wrong for calling you a bitch, and I just want you to know that I didn't mean it. I know it isn't that much of a big thing.. But I know it must hurt a lot with what you've been through.."

I could see the tears in his eyes. He looked really sad. I nearly cried myself seeing him cry. I waddled closer as he stared the floor, still mumbling out an apology. I grabbed his face and pulled him into me, smiling. The tears rolled down his face. "Crysta-"

I didn't give anything a chance before I planted my lips on his and grabbed his waist, feeling kind of scared but happy at the same time. He closed his eyes and so did I, deepening the kiss.

We pulled away from each other and for a moment we just stared, but it just felt right now.

"I forgive you Theo."

I kiss him again.