Chapter 5

I stumbled as we got to a street.  Where was this?  I looked around.  I didn't recognize it at all.  Did I think of something like this?  Jake looked at me.  "Oh gosh!  Liz I'm so sorry….I apparated to my parents house……" he said putting his hand over his mouth.  "Well then if we're here then why don't we go see them?" I said as I started walking down the street. 

"What?" Jake questioned as I stopped walking.  "Come on Jake.  I've never met your parents, and its not like they can meet mine.  I'm sure they'll be happy to see you!" I answered as I started walking again.  Jake grabbed my arm before I could go any further.  "It's just that....." "What?  You're scared of the 'We don't like your girlfriend' treatment?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

Jake sighed and shuffled his feet a little.  He then said, competley frazzled and rushed "Yeah.  I just don't want my parents to say that they don't like you, and then they'll think that we need to break up, and then I'll never be able to live with myself and-" "Jake!  Calm down!  I'm the one who's supposed to be like this!" I said walking over and grabbing his shoulders.  I looked into his eyes, filled with worry.

It had well trimmed hedges and paved pathways.  It reminded me of Godric's Hollow.  I sighed, thinking of my house, the little quaint cottage which my parents got killed in.  I wanted to start crying.  But I couldn't....not here. 

I guess I've wanted to always start over again from everything that had happened last year.  It comes back in flashes....and it's not like I can stop it.  

I then felt like my legs were gonna give way, and I stopped and looked at Jake.  "Liz...is something wrong?" he asked, filled with worry.  I rubbed my arms, the friction brinning some warmth to my numb skin.  I closed my eyes and bit my lip as I slid down and sat on the cold, wet pavement.

I then felt the tears streaming down my face as I started shaking from the sobs racking my body.  It was uncontrollable and Jake wrapped his arms around me as I continued to cry.

Flashback

"Where is he?" I asked as McGonagal shook her head.  "Ms. Jenkins.....we don't know if this information is reliable." McGongal bluntly replied as she sorted through some parchment documents and letters.  I shook my head and begged "Please.  I need to know." 

"And why is that?" she inquired peering over her reading glasses.  I opened my mouth to say something but closed it, knowing that she wouldn't understand.  She wouldn't get why I needed to chase him.  To find him and to tell him he didn't have to do it.

I sighed, leaving the room in frustration.  I ran up the stairs to the common room two at a time, not caring how much jerking the staircases put me through.  I burst through the door as I brushed past the other students.  

I bumped past Hermione and the others, and they all gave each other a worried glance before chasing after me.  Well, Harry and Ron stayed outside, while Hermione followed me into the room.

I then flopped onto the bed, and mushed my face into the pillow.  I then started sobbing, hoping the pillow would conceal my weakness.  

"Liz...are you alright?" Hermione quietly asked as she came over to me, gently placing her hand on my shoulder.  I pulled my tear-stained face out of the pillow and sniffed.  I turned over to her and shook my head.

"Liz....what's wrong?  You can always talk to me, you know that." she said soothingly as I turned back to my bed.  "He's gone." I whispered hoarsley.  "What?  Who's gone?  Dumbledore?" Hermione asked as I shut my eyes shaking my head as the tears squeezed through, rolling down my cheeks.  

"Draco." I whispered again, but this time, anger took over me as I threw the wet pillow at the wall.  "He's gone!  The basterd!  I love him deep down and he doesn't get it!  He lied to me!  And he's not coming back!!" I screamed, but I only sucumbed back to sobbing as I then put my face in my hands.