Chapter 10

New Year's brought us the new year, which probably meant something.  Something big.  Us defeating Voldemort once and for all?  Maybe.  But for now, we were no where close to killing him.

I still wondered what was going on with Draco.  Where would he be?  What would he be even doing?  That questioned got answered when I got a surprise visit.  There was a knock on the door and I went to go answer it.  Jake was thankfully home.  

I opened it to see that Draco was standing there, just with a black suit.  He then said "Thank God!!  You actually stayed safe!!  Thank God!!" as he hugged me.  He finally pulled back and looked at me up and down.  "You're the exact same." he said "And what you thought I would change?" "Actually yes.  But that isn't the point."  He then looked at my finger.   He saw the ring and I put my hand behind my back as I put a piece of hair behind my ear.  

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked.  Draco looked in for a second, hesitating.  It was probably because of Jake.  "Trust me, he won't do anything." I said as I motioned him inside.  He stepped in as I led him to the living room where Jake was reading the Daily Prophet.  He looked up and saw Draco.  His body seemed to freeze for a moment but he loosened up when I started a conversation.  "Should I make some tea?" I asked as I looked between the two.  Their eyes were locked on each others.  "Sure…" Jake said.  

I left, hoping that the two wouldn't just make an awkward silence.  I put everything together and brought it out on a tray to the guys who were in the living room, still silent.  Just as I expected.  I gave them each a cup and I then asked "Draco….why are you even here?" "Yeah, cause if you're here just to see Liz then you might as well leave now!" Jake spat as Draco still looked into his mug.    I shot Jake a look.

"They're coming after you." he murmured as he took a sip of the tea.  "Who?" we both questioned.  "You-Know-Who and his followers.  Alright HE might not come and capture you, but the death eaters, they're definitely coming." "Why?" "He still needs to kill you.  At least that's what he thinks." "And they know where we are?" I questioned hoping that he would say no.  "They will once they realize I'm here."  I stayed silent.  We couldn't stay here.

"You need to leave soon.  Or else…" "I don't want to know." Jake said as he slammed the cup down on the table.  He put his head between his hands and sat there.  "The cottage…" I mumbled as I felt myself falling back on the couch.  Draco looked at me.  He must've felt guilty, not only for telling me about the plans, but maybe for not telling me sooner.  

"You don't know how much danger you're in." he hissed as he got up.  "If I don't leave now, you won't.  Leave.  Tonight.  Or tomorrow early.  I won't be able to come after you after this." he said as he left.  I quickly got up and grabbed him but the arm before he left.  I then gave him a hug.  "Thank-you." I mumbled into his ear as he left.

I then grabbed my old trunk and started throwing food into it.  Water, bread, matches, blankets, everything I could fit into the trunk.  I made sure I had the photos.  In case they decided to burn them.  The flat had literally been stripped from everything, except the furniture.  Jake and I went to bed, even though we didn't sleep much, waiting for the sound of the door being blown.

It reminded me of the time, the time that in our 5th year, we were terrified of being caught, getting up into some business we probably shouldn't have started.....

Flashback

"When's the next meeting?" I whispered hastily to Harry as he replied back "Today.  5 o'clock.  Don't be late!"  I nodded and went off just in case anyone was getting suspicious.  

Ever since Toad-Face Umbridge had come into our school, everything was turned upside down.  Although Dumbledore was headmaster, he didn't have much power over anything anymore, because of that stupid, fat- there are many things I could call her.