Chapter 28

I turned around to head back into the castle.  I saw the snake slithering after Hermione and Ron.  No way is that snake tearing apart that cute couple!  I went running after it and I threw a rock.  Too bad it missed.  

I really need to work on my throwing skills, I thought as the snake continued to stalk Ron and Hermione.  Then Neville grabbed had the sword of Gryfindor in his hands.  How did he get it?  Then with the bravery of Neville he killed the snake, as it turned into dust.

We had done it.  All the horcruxes…..gone.  Now he could die.  If Harry would be up to it.  I went running after him, hoping he would still be alive.  

I went to the courtyard where they were duelling and suddenly Harry disarmed Voldemort as his wand came flying towards him.  Voldemort suddenly started falling apart.  Little pieces of paper came off of him and blew in the wind.   He was dead.

I went to find Jake.  I finally found him looking at something while talking to Ron, Hermione and Hagrid.  He then whipped around and smiled.  I smiled and ran into his arms as he gave me a kiss.  

"So Ron, Hermione….." I started as I made a heart sign.  They started laughing and Hermione just winked.  Jake then took me by the waist and whispered in my ear "Want to see how the south courtyard turned out?"  I didn't reply, but instead I grabbed him by the hand and pulled him with me to the courtyard.

I went in and was shocked to see it untouched except for some rubble.  The willow was still there, as well as the bench.  I couldn't believe it.  I ran over to the willow and gave it a hug and Jake laughed.  "Have I got a tree hugger?" he chuckled as I replied with a wink.  

I sat down on the bench and sighed.  This was almost like a retreat for us.  Jake sat down with me and we just had a silence.  Jake then whispered, "I have something to show you, so close your eyes for a minute will you?"  I looked at him with a funny look but he just put on a pout.  

I giggled and shut my eyes, anticipating the surprise he was going to give me.  After a pause he then said "Open your eyes."