𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍

❀༻ 3 months later ༺❀

It was a gentle morning breeze that swept through the hospital wing. Tall cherry blossom trees danced with the wind and carrying its little seedlings through the warm air of a new dawn.

The gentle pink petals and blossoms swung through a window wide open and into the hospital wing. You sat upright on your bed and leaned against the headboard. Tanjiro in his own against the wall and watching the couple of petals and flowers floating about and into the room.

Yui sat crisscrossed on the end of your bed along with Nezuko kneeling close to Tanjiro's bed along with Zenitsu and Inosuke laid on the foot of it. Kanao sat on the right side of your bed behind Yui and smiled at the couple of blossoms flying in.

One lone little flower brushed through and floated down towards you. You stared at it and watched as the pink floral landed gracefully on your lap against the pristine white sheets.

A grin covered along your face. You took the flower delicately in your palms and analyzed every single little detail of God's beautiful work.

"The cherry blossoms are beautiful today." Kanao started. "All in full bloom."

Nezuko beamed. "They're pretty."

"Yeah, they really are, aren't they?" You said.

Cherry blossoms were Ayame's favorite.

Thinking about her as you stared at the blossom. You found Yui staring at it with such wonder in those deep metallic eyes of hers.

You leaned forward and held your hand out to Yui. "Here, Yui. Take it."

"But, it found you Mommy."

"Yes, but now I'm letting it come to you."

She smiled warmly and took the little flower into her hand to look it over. She turned around to show Kanao the tiny beauty in her small palms. Kanao grinned, letting Yui lean against her as they both gloried over its elegance.

The sliding door opened slowly to reveal a familiar Hashira stalking inwards to see the demon slayers.

She couldn't help but smile. "Looks like all of you are doing better."

You and Tanjiro nodded.

"Better than ever." Tanjiro started. Shinobu trudged up to the boy and looking at both of you.

"How's your arm?" She questioned, looking over his arm carefully. Compared to his other one, this one was wrinkled like an old man's.

"It's doing better. I can move it up and down, it's hard to clench my fist though. I can't feel a whole lot from the elbow down." He explained. Shinobu acknowledging him with a firm nod. The three of you watched as she held up a syringe.

"Me and Yushiro are working on a serum to help out with this numbness. It's a very potent medicine, you can only take it every 2 weeks." She informed, going to inject the medication into his limp arm.