𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚: 𝘿𝙪𝙙𝙚, 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙊𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙖𝙗?

Bella Pov's
April 24th, 2014

Sometimes, I wonder what my life would have been like if I never moved to Mission Creek. I looked down to the colorful neck brace around my neck Davenport put on the five of us to check out Bionic reflexes. Some kids get shiny cool cars, we got colorful neck braces.

" Okay, now we'll check your bionic reflexes. First the left arm." He announced when our left arms moved causing Chase's arm to slap me, I slapped Adam, Adam slapped Bree, and Bree slapped Leo.

" Ohh!"

" Okay, now the right arm." Davenport said when the same method happened again, this time the opposite way around.

" Ohh! Oh, I hate this game!" Adam groaned next to me.

Davenport laughed," Okay, Adam. Well, you can sit this one out." He said hitting the button causing Bree and I by his side to slap both sides of his face.

" Ohh!"

" Sorry babe." I apologized with laughter.

" Come on, Big D, it's spring break vacation!" Leo exclaimed." Let's hit the beach. Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!"

" Not now, Leo. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right, guys?"

" Good times."

" A blast."

" So much fun."

" Okay, are we done here? I wanna go be normal for a while!" Bree said ripping her neck brace off and tossing it only for it to hit Davenport's monitor causing it to spark.

Tasha shrieked loudly dropping the tray of lemonade she was holding." Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding, or oozing around here?" She begged." Ever since spring vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment."

I felt bad for her knowing now with Leo and I being Bionic, she truly was the only human left in this house besides Davenport. He had his gadgets, lab, and been around this kind of stuff for years while Tasha was still not use to it all. I took the neck brace off completely bending down with the others to clean up the mess hearing Davenport speak to her.

" I'm sorry, honey. I... you know... maybe... maybe Leo's right. Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach." Davenport offered causing us to cheer." We'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech-free."

Tasha smiled to her husband." Oh, that is exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?" She asked causing him to smile back at her.

" Of course. You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius."

" Okay, I'll pack up the goodies." Tasha excitedly said already racing back to the elevator to get ready.

" Wow, Big D, it's really nice of you to blow off work for my mom."

" Well, you know, Leo, now and then, everybody needs a little piece and-" He said until the alarms to the lab started blaring loudly nearly causing me to jump out of my skin." Quiet!"

" What the hell is that?" I questioned covering my ears until he got the alarms to stop.

" It's the early warning satellite system." Chase answered.

Davenport nodded by his side," It's detecting a giant solar flare. When that thing hits the atmosphere, it'll cause massive power failures and a total blackout of satellite communications."