𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙞𝙭: 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 ?! 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤

𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯
March 18th, 2014

I shot up with a start, my lungs letting out a cough while the alarms blared in my ears screeching loudly at new volumes. I hurt like I never hurt before. Like something heavy was hovered over me.

" Are you okay?" I heard it my ear and groaned knowing the heavy object was Principal Perry.

" Well, I'm alive." I groaned reaching down to my chest feeling severe pain." I'm pretty sure I broke some ribs, mostly 'cause you're on top of me."

" I'm sorry." She quickly apologized getting off of me and alleviating the weight.

I grabbed my ribs in pain as I stood up noticing how the school was smoky around us from debris and god know what else. The alarms caused my to wince from the pain growing in my head likely bumping into the floor or Perry's head.

" Help!" A scream echoed over the alarms over to where a pillar had fallen." My arm's pinned underneath the beam."

" Dooley!" Perry shouted while we ran over seeing only Leo was trapped.

" Wait, where's Bella?" I asked turning around only to go into shock at the poor girl laying in a pool of her own blood." No. No. Oh god, Bella !"

Scrambling over to her quickly, I placed my hands to her stomach instantly feeling the three holes that were bleeding out like a damn faucet in between my fingers and everything. She was sickly pale with no color showing on her face and dried blood on the corner of her mouth.

" Is she breathing?" Perry called out from behind me.

" She's been shot three times." I answered moving one of my hands away to touch the pulse around her neck only to realize her chest wasn't moving." I-I don't think she's breathing!"

" Oh!" Perry groaned bending down in an attempt to try and help Leo." Oh, tough to get a grip. My hands keep slipping on what I hope is red paint."

I turned away from the two of them back to the girl in front of me knowing I had to try everything to make sure she didn't die. She was the first best friend Bree had ever had and the first girl to not be freaked out by Chase. She was a sister to Leo and not to mention a daughter to Tasha and Donnie. More importantly, she was everything to Adam.

" Come on Bella. He can't lose you. Not now. Not ever. Come on, kid. You ain't no quitter." I encouraged hoping she heard me some how when the sirens from outside grew louder." The firemen are here. I'll go get them."

" Okay, I'll stay here and take care of Dooley and Hale."

𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

I am trying my hardest to not act like how I feel. My mind was completely gone out the window. I was still trying to figure out how a day in Bella's bedroom laughing turned into the government knowing I was bionic. I didn't know it was the last time I would see her. If I had, I would of held her so much tighter. I felt the tears trickle down the side of my face and quickly wiped it away not wanting anyone to see. I could lose everything, but her. Every time I thought of Bella, it felt like I was dying. I didn't know where she was. I wasn't sure if she even escaped or if she was by herself. Leo and Douglas were missing too. Was she with them? Was she even safe?

" Hello, is there a Tasha Davenport ?" One of the agents asked holding a phone up.

" I am." Tasha answered walking over to talk the phone.

It wasn't fair. I should be able to have a phone so I could call Bella discreetly and know if she was safe or not. Say goodbye since it would be the last time I would ever hear her voice.