Through the portal

It should've been a normal day in Los Angles, but it wasn't. It never is a normal day, is it? Because theres always something there to make that one day in particular special. It can be a good special, like getting a new puppy or going to the zoo. Or it could be a bad special, like losing your child.

But lets rewind a bit as i tell you the events of what happened on this very day. It was a bright and sunny Tuesday morning in Los Angles with clouds drifting freely in the sky and birds gliding through the air. At first glance this place could be considered paradise.

There's a small house on a street. Not necessarily bungalow sized, but not too big either. Inside lived a happy family who lived in this house. A father, a mother and a child. The child in question was 1 years old and had begun crawling, unable to fully walk yet. He crawled around the house under a keen supervision of his loving parents. On himself he wore a full bodied pyjama onesie with the name "Y/N" tagged above his heart. His eyes shone innocently in the lightbulbs as he crawled around the house on his stubby limbs.

This family looks very happy. But, to make this story interesting we gotta change that. So, let me work my magic and show you how to ruin people's lives.

On the fateful day that tragedy struck, the family were all sitting outside in their front garden. The father lay in a lawn chair with dark sunglasses on his eyes, concealing his sleepily-closed eyes. His mother stood over Y/N in a flowery dress and sunhat, watching over his cautiously.

Mother: Honey, I'm going to go and get some cold drinks. Could you watch over Y/N for me?

The father raised a hand as if agreeing and it fell again as the mother went into the house to prepare the drinks. Y/N looked at his father, expecting him to do something but all he did was lay back in the chair. Y/N heard a quiet snore emit from his mouth and looked out towards the pathway at the house.

He took a crawling step towards the path, his hands pushed over the grass and onto the concrete and he had left the house. He turned and continued crawling along the pathway, no cars or people were there which was not surprising as the little street was not very popular and didn't cross into many roads.

He crawled for a few minutes until something stopped him in his tracks. A glowing blue swirl suddenly flashed before him and seconds later, a box was thrown out of it and the portal closed again. Y/N stopped, staring at the box in wonder and observed it. Ontop of it had 4 gems: green, blue, pink and yellow which were positioned in a square shape. He touched the box and gripped it in his tiny hands, feeling the hard wood.

As he looked at the box more he slowly started to open the lid. Suddenly, he was sucked into another blue portal that was created the moment the box was fully open. He was sucked through it and spat out onto a grassy ground with a dense forest surrounding him. And just as quickly as it had appeared, it disappeared again, trapping him inside the strange new world and leaving the box behind.

Y/N wailed loudly as he released he was lost and cried with streams of tears dripping down his face as it soaked his onesie but he stopped when he heard clashing not so far away. He turned around and saw an ongoing battle between two large insects. One was a large green mantis, about double the size if a fully grown adult man with giant scythe-like blades resting against it's arms. The other was a giant black ant. Not nearly as big as the mantis but still huge for what an ant should be. This insect was roughly as big as a bush and had a pitch black hide with red, beady eyes. They clashed, scythe against skin and jaws against flesh. But as Y/N returned to his crying they both stopped and stared eerily at the child.

They both approached him cautiously, as if scared of the infant's presence. They gave out their individual noises of curiosity, clicking and shrieking quietly as they observed the small child. As Y/N noticed them getting closer, his crying subsided and transformed into a sniffle. The insects were now only 5 feet away and had bent down to match his level. As they observed him, Y/N slowly began crawling to them which they responded by quickly backing up. Y/N continued towards them and eventually set his eyes upon the mantis which had been backed up against a tree.