The Human Way

(This is made to replace the girls day out episode)

Y/N was sleeping soundly in his room until he was woken up by a large thump on his bed and he woke up started.

Y/N: Huh? Who? What? Marcy? Oh, it's you Anne. What do you want. Can't you see I'm busy?

Anne: Pssh. Is that all you did back in that cave? Just sleep all day? Anywho, just wanted to check up on my best bud.

Y/N: Whatever you want its a no.

Anne: What?! But you haven't even heard it!

Y/N: Anne, with no due respect-

Anne: Actually the saying is "With all due respect"

Y/N: I know. I tried memorising all your weird human catchphrases. Why are there so many ways of laughing without actually laughing?

Anne: Point taken. But come on, this is something you'll actually like.

Y/N sighed and gestured for Anne to turn around as he got up to get changed.

Anne: I was thinking that I haven't taught you anything about the human world or how you should act when your there. Can I turn around now?

Y/N: Do you want to see my ass?

Anne: Ok, ok! But I was thinking, there must be a bunch of equivalents we have here in Wartwood that're the same back home. Whaddya say we go out for the day and paint the town red?

Y/N: Is that the saying that means murdering townsfolk or having a good time?

Anne: The second one ... I think. But come on, it'll be fun!

Y/N: I don't see why not.

Anne: Wait, really? You actually want to do something?

Y/N turned around and tapped her shoulder, signalling she could turn back around.

Y/N: Well if I'm gonna live there I might aswell start learning about it. I say we go ask Hop Pop though.

They headed through the trapdoor and approached Hop Pop as he was making lunch in the kitchen.

Anne: Hey there Hop Pop. Whatcha doin?

Hop Pop: What now, Anne? You haven't snuck in another deadly pet have you?

Anne: What, no. I was just wondering if Y/N and I could go out to town to see the sights and maybe teach him a bit about what he should do when he gets to the human world.

Hop Pop: Sorry, Anne. Not today. I need you two to look after the house while the kids and I go grocery shopping. Now sit tight. We'll only be out for an hour or so depending on if I can get the kids away from that darn candy cart.

Hop Pop left out the front door with the two Plantar children as they rode on Bessie down into town.

Y/N: We're gonna sneak out, yeah?

Anne: Oh yeah.

Y/N: Nothing I can do or say to stop you?

Anne: Probably not.

Anne grabbed Y/N's arm and dragged him through an open window.

Y/N: Pretty sure the front door was unlocked but alright.

She snuck behind objects and stuck to its shade, making sure not to be seen by anyone who would pass by which would be literally no one as there was nobody else nearby yet Y/N kept getting dragged along and forced to hide behind cover. It took some time but eventually they got to town and Anne began looking around for something they could do.