Love Frogs

Sprig, Anne and Y/N were wandering through the forest on a what was originally supposed to be a perfectly ordinary day. Well, as ordinary as their day could ever be.

Anne: Why do we always hang out in the woods? You have a perfectly good living room.

Y/N: Do not diss the forest, Anne.

Sprig: Wheres the fun in staying at home all day? This place is full of nature. Whoo-hoo!

Anne stared at a spider plunging its fangs into a ladybug and dragging it away.

Anne: Yeah, exactly.

They continue through the forest but there was a rustling in the leaves in a bush along their trail and they stopped to check it out.

Sprig: Stay back. It could be a blood sucking predator.

Anne: You are really not selling me on this place.

Y/N: It's an acquired taste, Anne. You gotta get used to it to love it.

Sprig parted a few leaves on the bush and there sat a large squash with a crudely drawn face in and twigs for hair.

Sprig: Oh, no. It's an-

Ivy: Ambush!

Suddenly, a small yellow frog jumped from a tree and tackled Sprig to the ground.

Sprig: I'm hit! Sprig down! Sprig down!

Ivy: Ha ha!

Sprig: Hey, Ivy. Nice ambush. Gourd in a wig? Classic.

Ivy: Can't take all the credit. You're really easy to trick.

Sprig: Well, guilty as charged

They both laugh as Anne very audibly clears her throat to try get their attention.

Sprig: Oh, Ivy, meet Anne. Oddity from another world. And this here is- wait, where did Y/N go?

Anne pointed behind her and they looked and saw Gourd the squash being devoured. Sprig began wacking Y/N on the head with a twig repeatedly.

Sprig: No, Y/N! Bad! Get off Gourd!

Y/N hissed as he was shooed away from the squash and he stood back upright. Anne stared at his with a confused and concerned face.

Y/N: You caught me at a moment of weakness.

Sprig: Anyway, ignoring whatever that was. Guys, meet Ivy. Childhood acquaintance and occasional sparring partner.

Anne: Hey, Ivy.

Ivy: Hey, I've seen you around. Nice to officially meet. Do you like being randomly attacked?

Anne: Not at all.

Ivy: Well, too bad. See you later, Sprig. But you won't see me.

She ninja backflipped back through the forest while Sprig watched her in amazement and laughed to himself.

Anne: Well, well, well.

Y/N looked in the distance and saw three wells sitting next to eachother.

Y/N: Now thats just bad architectural design.

Anne: She's kinda cute, huh?

Anne raised her eyebrows in a knowing manner towards Sprig.

Sprig: I don't know what you're talking about.

Sprig walked away and the two humans followed behind him, Anne in a confident strut.

Anne: Well, well, well, well, well, well, well.