Polly and Y/N

Y/N was in a bit of a dilemma. On one hand, Anne was his friend who he cared for dearly and he was certain about that, but he was also certain he held no romantic feelings for her. Over the past few days he had been avoiding her as much as possible, even going out of his way to wake up early to get out of the house. He had hoped that this would work in lowering Anne's affection for him but it didn't and she seemed quite persistent of him.

On this very day, Y/N was in his nest at the Plantar house desperately thinking of ways to get Anne to drop the affection. Whilst he thought, a sharp knocking at the trapdoor came which suddenly broke his train of thought.

Y/N: Oh, uhh come in! Up? Whatever.

The trapdoor was pushed aside and Polly jumped up the ladder and into the attic.

Polly: Y/N! Get your butt downstairs. Its lunchtime.

Y/N: Oh, yeah ... coming.

Y/N didn't move however and stayed laying in his nest. He heard the floorboards creak as Polly jumped in behind him.

Polly: What's wrong? Is it about this stupid crush thing with Anne?

Y/N immediately sat up in a cold sweat and panicked with a shaky voice.

Y/N: Huh? A-Anne? What are you talking about, Polly? C-crazy little pollywog.

Polly pointed behind him where there was a large green drawing board with chalk marks over it and at the top saying in large, bold letters "HOW TO MAKE ANNE NOT LIKE ME". He sighed heavily and stood up, facing the board.

Y/N: Trying to avoid her is crazy hard. And waking up early is even worse!

Polly: Mhm, I hear ya. Sometimes a gal just needs her beauty sleep. Have you ever just thought about telling her you aren't interested?

Y/N slowly turned around, a maniacal look on his face with a forced smile.

Y/N: Hah! You're funny, Polly! Real funny! That violates rule number 1 of the HTMANLM or HAM for short.

He took a long twig from his nest and pointed it at a long list of rules.

Y/N: Rule number one: Never tell her directly for fear of making her think it's a personal attack. Rule number one-

Polly: Wait, wait. I thought that was rule number one?

Y/N: They're all rule number one because of how important it is to follow these rules. Anyway, rule number one: Don't try force her feelings onto someone else, she should like who she likes without interference. Rule number one: Don't try to hurt or lead to any actions that could cause Anne harm in any way. Rule number one: Do it before we find Marcy ( 🎶 Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight 🎶) so Anne feels no hostility to Mar- her. And finally, rule number one: No running away from her. I don't want to make her feel like I've abandoned her.

Polly: Mhm, mhm. You already broke rule number one though.

Y/N slowly blinked at her, not understanding.

Polly: Running away? Ugh! Your list is so stupid!

Y/N: Well, no not really. I haven't been running away from her, just taking some time to myself away from her presence while ... leaving her presence in a fast motion and ... not coming back.

He slumped down in his nest disappointed in himself, covering his face in his hands.

Polly: Hey, relax buddy. Don't worry. I know just how to make her HAM.

Y/N looked up at her confused, cocking his head to one side.

Y/N: Well good for you, Polly. As I've heard, ham is a decent meal for proteins and things such as that.