War-twood

Hop Pop: Ah, Theater night. The one night a month we come together, watch our stories, and forget all our horrible, horrible troubles.

Y/N: I've always had a passion for theatre.

Hop Pop: Indeed my boy. Now who wants popcorn?

Hop Pop pulled out two bags of popcorn, seemingly from out of nowhere.

Anne: Oh, me, me!

Polly: I do!

The two grabbed bags of popcorn and they looked for seats. They found some near the front and Sprig leapt into the middle seat.

Sprig: Oh! Right in the middle! Dibs!

Polly: That seat is mine! No fair. You have appendages.

Hop Pop: Tut-tut. Sprig, give Polly the seat.

Sprig: Say what? Come on, Hop Pop. I got here first.

Hop Pop: That's what older brothers do, Sprig. They look out for their little sisters. Now, move that rump over to that stump.

Sprig groaned as he moved off the seat and onto the stump next to Anne.

Anne: Bummer, dude.

Sprig: It's just not fair. Just because she's a little younger, she always gets special treatment.

Anne: I'm an only child, so I don't relate. All my parents' attention was focused on me. And it was... awesome.

Sprig: Lucky you. What were your parents like Y/N?

Y/N thought back to his days with Mantis and Ant.

Flashback 11 years ago

Ant: Say, Y/N, do you want to learn how to hunt?

Y/N: Blah.

Mantis: You are not taking our son out hunting!

Ant and Y/N looked down sadly.

Mantis: Without me!

The three cheered and went out on a hunt together, coming back cheerful and with a bountiful harvest.

End of flashback

Y/N: Hehehe.

Sprig: Y/N? Y/N?

Sprig waved an arm infront of his face.

Anne: Wake up Y/N!

She gives his a smack around the face.

Y/N: Hey! I was reviewing happy memories from my childhood.

Y/N pouts and gives her a light smack in return.

Anne: Aww, you're so cute when you pout.

Y/N: What was that?

Anne: Nothing!

Mayor Toadstool: All right, now. Everybody settle down. I have some bad news. The acting troupe had to cancel on account of...well, being eaten on the way here.

The crowd boos at this new information.

Mrs. Croaker: We need our stories!

Anne: Hold up, everyone. I have something that might work. It's called a "movie." It's like a play, but totally better.