The Travelling Bug Circus

10 years ago

Y/N, Ant and Mantis were all sitting around a giant dome, thousands of other insects around them and made great applause as a giant centipede stood in the middle, raising his many arms. Carrow loved the attention he gained and soaked himself in the applause.

Carrow: Good evening ladies and gentlebugs! We've certainly got a show for you tonight. Now, as you all know each year we hold our annual bugtertainer competition where we give one of you ordinary gits to be a super star, like me!

Y/N's ears perked up as he listened eagerly. A great applause erupted around the stadium once again as Carrow laughed in a booming voice.

Carrow: Thank you! Thank you! I know, I'm too kind. Now, lets all welcome our newest bugtertainer to the stage, Daryll!

A nervous looking cockroach who must've been Daryll walked out on stage, fidgeting his many hands. The applause tripled as Daryll entered the stage and Carrow side-eyed him with a horribly wide and toothy grin.

Carrow: Yes, yes! Now, let the show begin!

As the show played out, all Y/N was able to think was how cool it would be to perform on stage with someone that fantastic. He had to do it. He would do it.

Present Day

Y/N: So, thats why I've decided I'll be competing in the competition for bugtertainer this year.

Ant and Mantis stared at him with shocked faces. Mantis cleared his throat and began speaking.

Mantis: Are you sure you want to do this? Many other older and more ... experienced bugs will be competing against you and I don't want to see you disappointed.

Y/N: Relax, Mantis, I'll be fine. I've been practicing my comedy. For example, what do you call a sword made out of grass? A blade of grass?

Y/N laughed hysterically and Ant groaned deeply.

Ant: Even the face elongator joke is better than that.

Y/N: Guys, please. You know how much this means to me, I just want you two to be there when I'm competing. If it turns out to be a fail then I'll never speak of it again.

Ant and Mantis looked at eachother for a moment and nodded.

Mantis: Alright, you do your best now and go tell your other friends to come along, I'm sure they'll want to see you with this aswell.

Y/N made a squeak of excitement and wrapped his arms around their necks and brought them in for a hug.

Y/N: I love you guys! Alright, I'll be off then byeee!

He took off and speedily flew through the forest and crashed through the Plantar door. They were all at the table eating their breakfast.

Hop Pop: Dang it, Y/N! That's the third door we've had to replace now!

Y/N: Sorry Hop Pop! I'll pay you back when I get rich!

Anne: Rich? How you gonna do that? Win a contest or something?

Y/N: You'd be wrong, Anne! You see, there's a contest coming up-