Hop-Trump vs Joe Toadstool

Anne, Hop Pop, Polly and Y/N entered the darkly lit Plantar home, each holding bags of food.

Anne: Hey, Hop Pop! Got the groceries!

Polly: Couldn't buy much since we've barely got any money left.

Y/N: We are officially in squalor. What does ... what does that word mean?

Sprig: Feeling any better, Hop Pop?

Hop Pop: No. Ever since we lost the vegetable stand I've just felt, well, lost. I was fine the first couple of days, but it's really starting to catch up with me.

Y/N: How did we lose the vegetable stand again Hop Pop?

Hop Pop gave a loud sigh and scratched the stubble across his chin and leaned into Y/N's ear to whisper.

Hop Pop: Don't you remember, Y/N?

Flashback to a chapter that had no potential in being funny

Hop Pop: Alright Y/N, I need you to guard the wagon whilst I go back and get some more produce for the stand. Be back in a jiff!

As Y/N waved Hop Pop off, he felt a strange pulling sensation as he found himself being dragged through the air seemingly by magic whilst a sweet scent wafted through his nose.

Y/N: Hey! Hey! Put me down cartoonish magic! I don't want .... Wow. Now what is that smell.

His levitating body followed the scent and he found himself at the candy cart; owned by Barry the ever so happy salesman.

Barry: Well hey there chum! Did my sweet scents bring you over?

Y/N: Not with my consent they didn't, but wow what is that smell?

Barry: Well those are my new berry blast fizzy pops! Care for taste?

Y/N: I do! But ... Hop Pop asked me to guard the vegetable stand.

Barry: Plantar's cart? Well ... how about we make a deal? I give you all of my berry blasts and all you have to do is hand over Hopediah's stand.

Y/N: I couldn't! Hop Pop trusted me to guard it and I couldn't- gimme gimme gimme!

Y/N took the lot of the sweets and Barry tipped his hat.

Barry: Pleasure doing business with ya.

And before Y/N had enough time to turn around, the stand was gone.

Present day

Y/N: Oh yeah. Thanks for not telling the others ... I don't know what they'd think of me if they found out.

Hop Pop: Dont mention it. But without a way to make money, we'll be out of food in no time.

Anne: Well, maybe this will cheer you up. Pa-pow!

Anne took out a flyer from her pocket showing a new job advertisement for the supermarket.

Sprig: The Grub-N-Go's hiring greeters! All you gotta do is smile and be friendly.

Hop Pop: Just another job for me to lose.

Sprig dragged him off the couch to get him to stand up straight.