Nestfriends

Its a sunny day in Wartwood at the Plantar family home. Y/N and Anne are outside, standing in the front garden looking at holes in the vegetable patch.

Y/N: Anne, you know I have a problem with this. It just feels wrong.

Anne: Relax, Y/N. I'm sure he can find a better home. Now are you ready?

Y/N sighed and nodded and let out his mantis claws.

Y/N: Ready as I'll ever be.

Anne: You set 'em up, and I'll knock 'em down!

Y/N dove into one of the holes and he saw his target. A small insect that had been burrowing in the garden and eating Hop Pop's vegetables. Y/N clawed at it and it quickly buzzed out of its hole. As it left the hole, it screeched and rushed towards Anne, attempting to attack her. She was ready with her tennis racket however and delivered it a backhanded swing and it flew through the air and Y/N emerged from the hole.

Y/N: Sorry Stefan!

Anne: Was that his name?

Y/N shrugged his shoulders and retracted his claws.

Y/N: Nice swing.

Anne: I was on varsity.

Y/N: I have no idea what that means but good for you.

They did a strange friendship handshake which ended with joyous laughter. A concertina starts playing a song as Wally starts walking towards them.

Wally: The two monsters from the woods getting along? How unnatural.

He plays a harsh note on his concertina.

Anne: Pssh! Of course we get along! We're the human duo Y/N and Anne!

Y/N: Anne and Y/N!

Both: Y/Anne against the world!

Wally: Disgusting.

He continues playing and walks past them. From the basement, Hop Pop's screams could be heard.

Anne: Was that Hop Pop?

Y/N: No, it was Polly. Yes who else could it have been? It sounds like he's in trouble aswell. We're coming Hop Pop!

They both rushed into the house and threw open the trapdoor to the basement to see that it was flooded with a disgusting green ooze.

Anne: Woah, what happened in here?

Y/N: Hop Pop?

Y/N wiped away some slime ontop of the water and Hop Pop came out of it screaming.

Hop Pop: Stay back!

Y/N: Monster! Save me! I mean, oh hi Hop Pop.

Hop Pop: Darned burrow bugs must have chewed the water pipes.

Y/N shook his head silently.

Y/N: Damn it Stefan.

Anne: My room! My stuff!

Hop Pop: Don't worry, Anne. I saved your stuff.

Hop Pop held her backpack over the water and planted it on the stairs as some objects began floating by.

Hop Pop: Except your bed and your blankets. And your pillow, pencils, t shorts, hairbrush.

Anne quickly picked up her backpack.

Anne: Just how long till its fixed?

Hop Pop: Well, gotta find the leak, then patch it up good.

Sprig appeared from around the corner of the trapdoor.