Ba-dee-ya, say, do you remember? Ba-dee-ya, partyin' in Wartwood-ember

Everyone in the town was gathered in the Wartwood square as today was one of the most important days in Wartwood history.

Anne: Man, what is with this crowd? Are fruit flies on sale or something?

Hop Pop: No. Today's the day they announce the Frog of the Year award.

Anne: Frog of the what?

Sprig: Frog of the hoppin' Year, Anne. Every year, the town gets together and votes on the frog they think best embodies the values of Wartwood.

Y/N: It's one of my favourite events that happen in this town. I used to watch them every year.

Polly: We all voted last week. Don't you remember?

Anne: Huh. Not at all. Wonder why.

[Cut to a flashback of Anne sitting on the couch wearing earphones and listening to pop rock music. Hop Pop, Sprig, and Polly approach Anne from behind as music plays.]

Last Week

While Y/N, Hop Pop, Sprig and Polly were leaving the house, Anne was lying on the couch listening to music with her earphones in and singing along.

Hop Pop: Anne, we're gonna go vote for Frog of the Year now. Wanna come?

Anne: ♪ No, you'll never make me go! ♪

Hop Pop: Okay, then.

As they leave, Anne continues singing.

Anne: Break it down!

Current day

Mayor Toadstool: All right, folks. It's time! As you all know, the Frog of the Year goes to the most selfless, noble, blah, blah, blah... Let's get on with it.

He opens an envelope and pulls out a folded piece of paper and began reading the name on the inside.

Mayor Toadstool: And this year's Frog of the Year award goes to... Well, this can't be right. Anne Boonchuy?!

Everyone in the audience cheered as Anne looked around them shocked while Hop Pop pushed her to the stage.

Hop Pop: Go on, Anne. Get up there! A Plantar, Frog of the Year. I'm so proud.

Anne: Wow! Thanks, everyone. I don't know what to say.

Y:N: Wooo! Thats my sister sorta!

Mayor Toadstool: I do. Are you people out of your frog-dang minds?! She don't deserve to host a party!

Anne: Party? What party?

Toadie: Oh, it's one of our oldest traditions. The Frog of the Year has to put on an incredible party for the whole town.

Mayor Toadstool: Yeah. And that party is supposed to demonstrate the Frog of the Year's "selflessness". Anne isn't selfless. Far from it.

Anne: You don't know me. I'll prove I deserve this by putting on a party so big, it'll blow all your minds!

The crowd murmured at the idea of having their head blown up.

Frog: I don't want my mind blown.

Anne: That's... a good thing!

Frog: Oh, okay.

The crowd cheered loudly again while Mayor Toadstool looker spiteful.

Mayor Toadstool: I'm looking forward to seeing this thing go down in flames.

Back at the Plantar home, the family was gathered around a table while Anne lay out the plan for her giant party.

Anne: Boom! Here are my plans for throwing the best party ever and proving that mayor wrong. Stupid mayor with his stupid dumb face.