Snail Tales

It was a new day in Amphibia as the Plantars and the humans went out on a ride on Bessie.

Hop Pop: Ah, a leisurely outing with Bessie. Why, we could really go anywhere. Do anything.

Sprig: Ooh, ooh! Can we get Swamp Slushies? They have new flavours.

Hop Pop: Nope.

Polly: Can we go off-road? Do some crazy stunts?

Hop Pop: Double no.

Anne: Ooh, ooh! Can I drive?

Hop Pop: Sure.

Anne: Aw, come on, Hop Pop. Wait, really?

Hop Pop: Absolutely. I've been trying to teach this guy for years.

Hop Pop pointed to Sprig.

Sprig: It's true.

Anne: All right. Give me those reins. I'm ready to drive. Watch and learn Y/N, this could be you someday.

Y/N got up sleepily from the back of Bessie.

Y/N: What? Huh?

But Hop Pop didn't let Anne drive back. Instead once they got back he dropped a large book on a stump with the title "Bessie's History".

Hop Pop: Not before reading this, you ain't.

Anne: What?

Hop Pop: This is Bessie's History. Before touching a snail's reins, you gotta know them. Feel their heartbeat next to yours and become one.

Anne: Hop Pop, it's just a vehicle. We had a family car back home. It's no biggie.

Y/N: Anne, Bessie isn't just a vehicle, she's an actual living being not one of your silly "cars" or whatever they're called.

Hop Pop thrusted the large book into Anne's arms.

Hop Pop: Don't care. You can't drive Bessie unless you read this cover to cover. And that's final.

Anne: Are there pictures?

Hop Pop: There are diagrams.

Anne: Nooooooo!

Hop Pop: Dramatic much? Now if you'll excuse me, Polly's due for a wash.

He walked over to Polly who had been rolling around in a large patch of mud. He picked her up under his arm and carried her inside.

Polly: No, no. Wait. No! I'll just get dirty again. You can't stop me. I learned this from watching you, Anne.

Hop Pop closed the door behind them as they went inside.

Y/N: I'm not too sure you should be the godmother of my kids now ... anywho lets get reading.

Anne: I'll be old before I finish reading this thing.

Sprig: Yeah, page five is as far as I got. Too much description, not enough plot.

Anne: This is ridiculous. I don't need history. I need experience.

She put the book inside Bessie's satchel and hopped onto her saddle.

Anne: Heeeeey. What do you boys say we take a harmless test-drive? Prove to Hop Pop we're fast learners?

She reached her hand down to help Sprig up.

Sprig: Hmm. Do you get the feeling this is one of those decisions we'll look back on and say, "Ooh-boy, we probably shouldn't have done that"?

Anne: We'll get Swamp Slushies while we're out.

Sprig: No regrets!

Sprig jumped next to Anne and she looked over to Y/N.