Bad bugs, whatcha want, whatcha want, whatcha gonna do?

Y/N, Anne and Sprig had left the house to go play some watermelon baseball. Anne stood in the field whilst Sprig rolled a watermelon up a mound. Meanwhile, Y/N sat under a tree watching them.

Y/N: Did you have to use a mantis claw as your bat? Don't you think it's kinda insensitive?

But Anne ignored him and focused on Sprig and the watermelon.

Anne: Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter.

Once Sprig had rolled the watermelon to the top of the mound, he held it above his head and grunted as he tossed it at Anne. She went to swing the bat at it but missed and tossed the bat towards Sprig as it flew out of her hands.

Anne: Ah, whiffed it. Sprig!

Sprig ducked as the bat soared over his head and sliced his hat in half. His hat fell off his head to show a patch of orange hair.

Sprig: Wanna go again?

Anne: Yeah-yuh! Wait, you have hair?

The three went into the trees that the bat was thrown into and looked around for the missing bat.

Anne: Hey, sorry about your hat. Oh, there it is.

She spotted the bat wedged in a tree and took it out. In the distance, a quiet meowing could be heard.

Sprig: Hey, you found-

Anne: Shh. Do you hear something?

They all listened out and the meowing came again.

Anne: Something's in trouble!

They run through the forest and see three hornets buzzing above a caterpillar stuck in a puddle of mud.

Anne: Oh, my gosh! We have to save her.

Sprig: Right behind ya.

Anne ran over to the caterpillar and plucked it out the mud.

Anne: Gotcha!

The three hornets descended on her, pinning their stingers into the ground around her, barely missing.

Anne: Oop, gotta go.

She crawled between the stingers as Sprig threw rocks at the hornets with his slingshot and Y/N sliced at them with his mantis claws.

Sprig: Take that, buzz brains!

Y/N: Normally I wouldn't be too keen on this but I never liked how aggressive your species was!

Hornet 1: Hey bro, isn't that kinda racist?

Y/N: Oh, what? No I mean I'm just saying that-

Hornet 2: Just because we're trying to get food doesn't make us aggressive. It's not like we're hunting for sport!

Y/N: Sorry I just, I mean you're still being aggressive.

Hornet 3: We have to be aggressive to catch prey, otherwise they'll just escape. How else are we supposed to survive. Also, your friends have left.

Y/N turned back and saw that Anne and Sprig had left him with the hornets.

Y/N: Oh. I better get going then. Good luck with your hunt.

Y/N walked away slowly into the woods as he felt the hornet's gaze piercing into the back of his head. He stopped and looked around for a second and saw that Anne and Sprig were close by.

Y/N: What the heck, guys? You left me against those hornets all by myself?

Anne: Pfft. You could take them easy! But look at this caterpillar! Shelooks like my cat Domino. She's ad-