Pizza tower

Anne, Y/N and the Plantar children were all out in the garden on a sunny day as Anne was showing them a video of her cat licking itself.

Anne: And this bad boy is my kitty Domino. You guys would like her. She's got fire.

Y/N: Oooh.

He picked up the phone and brought it closer to them.

Polly: Aw, she's so tiny! I feel huge!

Y/N: Hmmm. I will ... set her free!

He raised his claw and went to slash at the phone but Anne quickly took it from his hands.

Anne: Please stop doing that.

As she spoke, a putrid smell flew through the air. She sniffs it and groans.

Anne: Ugh! What is that? Did something crawl under the house and die?

Sprig: Worse, Anne. Much worse. Hop Pop is cooking!

They rushed to the door and Sprig placed his hand on the door handle.

Sprig: Brace yourself.

Anne: Brace myself for what?

As Sprig opened the door, the smell gushed out the house like a jet and knocked them all back. Inside, Hop Pop was cutting up bugs and putting them in the pot that was what produced the horrid stench. The sight alone nearly made Y/N want to throw up. He took a spoon and dipped it into the pot and hummed as he sipped it.

Sprig: What's the plan this year, Hop Pop? Poison the competition?

Hop Pop bonked Sprig on the head with a spoon.

Hop Pop: The plan is to win.

Anne: Win?

Hop Pop: The annual village potluck. Every year we frogs gather for a great contest. The family who brings the best tasting dish is showered with love and copper coins. The family with the worst tasting dish spends the night in ... the shame cage!

Anne: Brutal.

Sprig: And guess which family ends up there every year.

The Plantar family sigh and Anne slams her first on the table.

Anne: If you think I'm gonna let my favourite froggy family end up in a cage, you've got another thing coming. I know I'm not technically a Plantar, but maybe I can help.

Sprig: Anne, we'd sure appreciate it. What about you, Y/N?

Y/N had been quietly scooping up the remaining alive bugs and letting them free through the window.

Y/N: Go my pretties. Live. Huh? Oh yeah, sure.

Anne: So, what you making over there, Hop Pop? Sock gumbo?

Hop Pop: No, silly. It's a traditional recipe from my family's cook book. We been using this baby since I was a pollywog.

He held up an old and crusty cook book to them and Anne took it from him.

Anne: Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. I think I found your problem, guys.

The Plantars gasped and looked wide eyed at her.

Anne: Old things are dumb!

She drops the book and Hop Pop catches it with his tongue.

Polly: Oh, that makes sense.

Sprig: It's all so clear now.

Hop Pop: But we Plantars have always cooked these recipes. What would my great-gam-gam say?