Chapter 24

"Cole"

Abby screamed yet again. Her terrified voice echoed the house only to scare her more. She can no longer hear the shouting and yelling from earlier but the silence was scaring her more.

Where was Cole? Was he okay? Was he hurt? If he was hurt then she would never be able forgive herself for leaving him unattended in this strange place. The thought of Cole being hurt brought on another set of fears.

"Cole"

"Cole"

She cried. Her voice becoming more desperate and vulnerable with every passing second. In no time Abby was flying down the corridor, the stairs and towards another corridor. She was going to have panic attack soon enough if Cole didn't responded back.

W-What if Liam took him?

Her feet suddenly halted in the corridor and she had to grab the wall for the support as her legs turned jello at that thought. All her fear and pain came roaring forward as she called her son with a piercing scream.

" Mum" Cole cried back as he tried to push himself of the kitchen counter after hearing his mother cries.

The pan dropped from Liam's hand on to the tile floor of the kitchen with a loud thud as Abby's piercing scream echoed the house. Is she hurt? is she in danger? His own anxiety exceeding the normal human level as he immediately ran out the kitchen without a second thought.

His mind automatically blocking everything before him even Cole who was trying to jump off the high counter to reach his mother. All Liam could think was about Abby. All he wanted was Abby to be safe and sound in his arms again.

His legs ran as fast as possible to reach Abby as soon as possible. "She is hurt. She is hurt." Liam's mind kept repeating like a broken record.

As soon as he turned around the corner, Liam saw Abby hunched over in the middle to the corridor, her hand resting against the wall as if to keep her steady from collapsing on to the floor, her face contracted in pain as tears flowed down her cheeks on to the floor.

Liam's heart broke at the sight of her. He always known her to be a strong, powerful woman perhaps even stronger then him. But in this very moment she looked like a fragile china doll. A scared, vulnerable little girl. He longed to gather her in his arms and keep her there forever but his legs refuse to move.

He felt like intruder prying on in a very private moment of Abby's life. He felt of stranger looking into this new side of Abby. He has never seen this side of her. She always acted strong and emotionless. Never showing any weakness even when they were dating as teenagers.

He always was the one to confess his love. He was always the one seeking her attention, feeling jealous and possessive. She only once confessed her feeling to him before the entire school and that too because he was feeling insecure and needy.

That was the first and last time, he ever heard her say " I love you" to someone. Pulling himself from thoughts of past, Liam moved towards Abby but Cole beat him to it.

"Mum" Cole shouted running full speed toward his mother as she knelt on the floor and opened her arms for him.

"That little devil" Liam hissed under his breath just as Cole shot into Abby's arms.

Abby wrapped her arms around Cole's tiny body, hugging him close to her heart. Gosh, she almost die without him. She sighed a breath of relieve to finally see her child. Abby kissed the side of Cole then hugged him again. Thank God, Cole was okay? Abby thought as she was comforted by her son.

Jealousy like hot lava ran through Liam's blood as he saw the love and affection Abby showered their son with. Why can't he be the one to get all of her love. Why can't she love him like that. He needs and wants to be pampered by her like that too. Liam huffed in annoyance, slowly inching closer to Abby hoping to get the same treatment like Cole.

He needed to touch her. To feel her warmth again that melts the darkness in his heart. He needed to have Abby in his life by all means. He needed Abby like nobody else. Although he is beyond cloud nine to have a son like Cole, having Abby meant a whole new world to him.

Liam wants Abby to run at a dead sprint just at the mere thought of him being hurt like she did for their son. He wants her to be jealous if someone else get close him. He wants her to hold him and cherish him like she does with Cole. He wants her attention at all times. He wants to be the one and only for her in world.

In his head, her day should start and end with him and only him. He wants to be number one on her list or even better to be the one and only on her list. But that wasn't possible any time soon.

Liam hand slowly reached out to stroke Abby hair but Abby blocked it. Her hand slowly pushed his hand away from her. A soaring pain jolted through his heart at her rejection.

"She is disgusted by my touch "

Liam's mind screamed at him, ripping him inside out. Abby's cold emotionless eyes stared back at him with no regret and not single ounce of care as she got off the floor. She saw pain flashing in Liam's eyes clearly but she didn't care. She didn't want to care.

" Where are my clothes?" Abby demanded. Her voice curt and void of any emotions. Unable to form a single thought, Liam just stared at her with painful eyes. Why was she rejecting him again now? Abby did forgive him last night or was that another dream of his. He could bet his two eyes that he did wake up in her arms this morning.

This Abby was way different from the Abby he was with last night or the person he just saw few seconds ago. She was curt and colder then ice now.

" Where are my clothes that i wore yesterday?" Abby asked again in the same tone. Liam was too shocked to say anything. He wanted to just grab and kiss her until she snaps backs to the Abby she was last night but he promised himself to never hurt her again.

All he wanted was to through her over his shoulder and take her to their room for a steamy love session between the sheets to melt all the ice in her heart. And the wedding dress she was wearing wasn't helping his case in making her look less desirable.

For some fucked up reason, Liam imagined of a lovely family breakfast with Abby and Cole all over him this morning but it feels like he went from negative thousands to a negative billion points.

What kind of fucked forgiveness was that? if it was going to be like that, he would have never apologized. At least, she was showing some kind emotions at that time even though it was anger.

" Mum, Can we leave now?" Cole asked pulling Abby's hand and sending a heated glare towards Liam.

" Yeah sure baby. Let gets our shoes first" Abby answered lifting Cole from the floor as he wrapped his arms around her neck, leaving a shocked Liam behind.

Author's note:

I am deeply sorry for not updating earlier. I know it's kind of boring but i wanted to show Abby's post marriage/apology reaction. You have to remember that Abby is not submissive and so she is not going to change over night. In order for them to a relationship in the future, Abby and Liam need a clean slate and this chapter is to show that. Next chapter is more juicy with a lot of action so prepare yourself. Thank for your constant support and love for this book. I know my writing is crappy but you guys still read it and so i am very thankful. Thank you for your comments and i hope you guys leave more comments because one it gives me ideas on how to progress the story and second it encourages me to write more. Enjoy.