Chapter 23

Smiling for the first time in forever, Liam carefully climed off the bed not wanting to disturb Abby's slumber. Standing beside the bed he stretched his limbs and flashed a cocky smile at Cole as he glared at his back.

"Need help?" Liam asked observing the difficulty Cole was having climbing down the bed.

" No. Uncle bunny helps me to the bathroom in the morning" Cole muttered, wiggling his nose at Liam just to tick him off.

"Well your uncle bunny is not here" Liam hissed in a jealous tone. He weaved his hands through his messy hair irritably and Cole copy that action while huffing in annoyance.

"if you don't want to wake mum up then let me help you" Liam blackmailed.

"Mum"

Liam smiled at the giddy feeling he got for using that word for Abby.

Mum, of my son. My wife. My Abby.

His heart doing jumping Jacks at the amazing feeling those thoughts stirred in him. He groaned lowly in the back of this throat at the way every single part of his body itched to caress every single part of her.

Liam pouted cutely to himself incapable of smooching her right then right there, in her sleep. He would do it if it was for that tiny little devil son of his who was still glaring at him.

A chuckle escaped Liam's throat at the confusion on Cole's face as he stared between his mother and father, trying to weighs the pros and cons of the situation at hands.

"Help me please" Cole asked, irritation clear in his overly sweet voice as he stretched his tiny arms towards Liam to lift him up.

Absorbing the initail shock at cole's agreement, Liam immediately moved towards the boy and lifted his tiny body into the air. A proud smile took over Liam's face as he carried his son to the adjacent bathroom.

"Thank you" Cole muttered as Liam placed him on the bathroom counter.

"Your welcome, buddy" Liam automatically replied moving towards the toilet seat.

"You want d-daddy to help you use the bathroom?" Liam asked hesitated and scared of Cole's rejection. But he just couldn't stop himself for saying it aloud.

" No, I got this" Cole muttered under his breath, looking anywhere to avoid Liam's sad puppy dog eyes. Gosh, he thought he was the master at that cute and pitiful act but Liam beat him to it. Still he got his cuteness, Cole thought smirking wickedly in his head at the old man's poor attempts.

"Please" Liam whispered sadly, smirking in his mind at the way Cole's face contracted in defeat.

" Fine, but only this once" Cole warned, pointing a strict finger towards him.

Flashing him a cheeky grin, Liam motioned for Cole to jump towards him with his arms stretched. Without any hesitation, Cole jumped from the counter onto Liam as he grabbed him mid air, making the little boy giggle with excitement.

Liam held Cole in the air whilst he use the bathroom. He made a mental note to tell hos staff to place a stool for Cole in the bathroom later.

Liam couldn't stop the unknown feeling that took over his entire body this morning. He had once felt those similar emotions years ago with Abby but afterwards it was that blank and dull feeling he was left with. But now here again, he felt alive again.

For the first in years he came to know the feeling of being happy. He came to know the feeling of being proud, to be loved, to live as a normal person again not some kind of monster. For the first time in his lifetime, his inner monster were settled and quiet. They weren't hissing or choking him with their darkness.

Smiling to himself, Liam carefully placed Cole on the counter and went to the cupboard to take out a new toothbrush. Again he reminded himself to get his designer to fix everything in the house according to Abby and Cole's preference. His lips tugged at mere thought of Abby redecorating their house. He was ready to serve anything Abby every wanted even his own life to her on a sliver platter.

"Let's brush and make mommy breakfast in bed" Liam spoke flashing Cole is overly bright smile and handing him the brush.

" No need. Mum and i are leaving as soon as she's up" Cole answered coldly making Liam pout with sadness. Sighing heavily to the pitiful act before him, Cole grabbed the toothbrush from Liam's hand and started brushing his teeth. Smirking to himself, Liam started to brush his teeth as well not knowing that Cole saw him smirk in the mirror.

you little shit

I should have you killed earlier

You are dead, you fucker

You little bitch. How dare you come back here.

Fuck you too. She is mine.

Abby stirred in her asleep as faint voices and crashing noises continue to fell on her ears.

You are dead for real this time.

I am gonna rip your head and feed it to dogs.

Addie get'em

You mother fucker. How dare you touch my sister again.

Sister.....

Me.....

"Shit" Abby screamed as she bolted from the bed.

"You little piece of shit"

"Aah...."

"Crash...."

"Mother fucker"

"You are dead"

"Get off me"

"Grab them"

"You fuckers stay away"

"Cole stay back"

Abby sat on the bed as multiple voices continue to drift in her ears. She could make out the curse words in between yelling and grunting noises but as soon as Cole name's drifted into her ear. She was jumping off the bed and running down the stairs before she knew it.

Author's note: yes it finally me again. Sorry my precious readers but life have been crazy busy for me. I have very little time to myself let along write anything.Thank you for the amazing support and keep up with my crazy schedule. Please Read vote and comment.