Chapter 36

Abby slammed the door shut to her bedroom with unnecessary force. She didn't have the energy to handle liam anymore.

Her patience ran thin when dealing with Liam absurd antiques. She was on the verge of having a breakdown already and it was only few hours ago that she made the stupid proposal. How in the world was she supposed to deal with his shit for the next 6 months?

Sighing she tried to control her rage before she entered Cole's room. Cole was in the bathroom bruising his teeth. He turned around and grinned at her.

Abby smiled at his son and ruffled his hair before she grabbed her toothbrush from the holder and applied toothpaste to it. It was a normal Sunday routine for both mother and son.

Abby and Cole always brushed their teeth together, made breakfast and then watched early morning cartoons. They usually spent the entire Sunday with each other without any interruptions.

Cole wiped his mouth clean and waited for his mum to finish. Washing her mouth, Abby lifted a giggling Cole on the counter and grabbed the diabetes testing meter from the cabinet. She pricked her finger and showed the reading to Cole who nodded his head in understanding.

"What do you want for breakfast buddy?" Abby asked lovingly as she grabbed Cole from the counter. He immediately wrapped his tiny legs around her waist and his arms around her neck.

Cole pretended to think for a minute and then flashed Abby an adorable smile.

"Milkshake" He whispered shyly.

Abby threw her head back and laughed at her son as she carried him threw the house to the kitchen.

"I thought it was given since it's Sunday." Abby assured her son that his favorite treat will be given to him.

"Yes. I love you mum." Cole squealed excitedly. Leaning forward, he kissed her cheek. Abby laughed again as she placed her son on the kitchen counter.

"What you only love me because I give you Milkshakes?" She pouted at him.

"Yep." Cole giggled behind his hands.

He looked so adorable sitting on the kitchen counter in his Tom and Jerry pajamas, hiding his small giggle behind his tiny hands. Abby leaned down and bit his shoulder playfully making the boy squeal. He laughed trying to get away from his mother.

"Mum, s-stop." Cole laughed trying to push Abby away as she try to bite his cheeks.

"Say you love me?" Abby told him as she tickled his side more.

"OK. I love you, monster mum." Cole agreed as she shook his tiny head at his mother in amusement.

"Good." Abby told him as she grabbed the pan and placed it on the stove.

"What else?" Abby asked as she maneuvered around the kitchen gathering all the ingredients for their special breakfast.

"Hmm. Cheese omelet?" Cole offered. Grabbing the cutting board, Abby placed it on the counter.

"Okay then cheese omelet it is." Abby kissed his head and placed Cole on the floor again.

"Get me 4 eggs, vegetable and cheese from the fridge, solider." Abby instructed.

"Yes Captain." Cole saluted and giggled adorably. He dashed to the fridge and brought each ingredient back to the counter one by one.

He stood by Abby's side as she cut the vegetables and placed them in the pan to cook.

"You want to come up?" Abby asked Cole and he nodded his head. Bending down she grabbed him and placed him back on the counter.

The stove was to one side and very much away from the counter so it was safe for Cole to sit there and observe everything.