Chapter 2

La la la elmo's world .... La la la elmo's world.... la la la elmo's world

The ringing of her phone, pulled Abby out of her deep sleep. With her head still buried in her pillow, she maneuvered her hand on the side table banging the wood in search of her stupid phone. Finally she picked her iPhone from the table and pressed it to her ear.

"Hello.. what do you want?" Abby growled into the phone.

"Huh, Its Julia ma'am. Just wanted to let you know that... Um, the truck is coming today to shift all stuff to the new house." Julia replied with a shaky voice.

Ms. Abigail Hereford was a really cruel boss. she didn't take no for an answer, never smiled or complimented anyone for their hard work, a serious workaholic and a perfectionist.

Ms. Hereford was known for her short temper throughout the office and it was extremely hard working with her but Julia managed.

Julia was the first ever secretary of Ms. Hereford to last over a month without being fired or quitting and she was proud of herself for sticking with such strong and strict women like Ms. Hereford.

" I know. Don't call me again on my day off." Abby replied angrily into the phone ending the call not bothering with Julia's response.

Abigail heard pitter patter of small feet running towards her room. A smile formed on her face but she didn't make any effort to move waiting for the person to come to her. A few minutes later a small body jumped on hers as small pairs of arms wrapped around her waist.

" Mum..." Cole squealed as Abby quickly turned on her back, hugging him close to her chest.

" What are you doing..... stop....stop" Cole screamed as Abby started to tickle her son.

" Okay, i'll..... gi.... mum.... I .... love.. you.... stop" Cole squealed between laughter.

" I love you too" Abby replied happily as she bent forward and kissed his forehead.

" What do you want for breakfast? " Abby asked her son laying on her back on the bed as Cole climbed on top of her sitting on her stomach.

Cole looked a lot like Liam with his jet black hair, Blue eyes, strong jaw, white creamy skin and high cheek bone. Sometimes he even walked like Liam with his held up high and confident posture. Cole reminded her of Liam but she raised him to be kind and gracious unlike his cruel father.

Abby only smiled and acted normal with her son or her friend Ray who she met in college after she left her house.

After her breakup with Liam, the very next day she was diagnosed with Type one diabetes and was removed from the football team since playing caused too much stress on her body.

Her brothers and father went into overprotective mode suffocating her to no end. Mason even went as further to plunge and remove insulin pads from her body. They stayed up with her throughout the night when her sugar level was too high or too low. They didn't even respond back when she yelled at them which pissed her to no end.

She had nightmares of Liam ripping her heart out every night and eventually she stopped sleeping. She took on extra work from school to keep her busy and ended up finishing high school within a month.

Without telling anyone Abby applied to Yale and was accepted. Addie and Mason through a huge tantrum when she decided to leave for Yale but she didn't care at the time. She didn't need anyone's help or sympathy and had to get away from everything or else she would slowly suffocate herself to death.

A month after she moved on Yale campus, she discovered that she was pregnant with Cole.

Ray was her roommate at the time, he helped her with the Cole and her diabetes. She already had an academic scholarship and one of her professors got her a scholarship for personal expenses that helped with her medicine and raising Cole.