Chapter 31

The darkness completely engulfed the room. Tiny snores from Cole echoed the room. A wooden chair was placed next to Cole's bed and Abby sat there.

The pitter patter of rain hitting the window panes making quite a lot of noise but not enough to wake Cole up. He was exhausted from the today's event. As soon as his little body hit the bed, he was out cold.

Abby's legs pulled up to her chest as the sole of her feet rested on the chair. she placed her chin on top of her knee caps, looking over Cole as he slept.

The entire house was asleep and she was awake like owl. She told herself multiple times that she would leave soon but everytime time she walked away from Cole her heart clenched painfully and she ran back to him.

It's been hours since he was knocked out cold and Abby was still sitting there. She was too scared to leave Cole alone even for a second.

She was deep in thoughts. Her family had left her alone hours ago to make a decision about what she was going to do next.

The entire family was divided into half and half with Jordan, Alex, Mrs. Walker and her father being on "no to the divorce" side while Addie, mason, Jay and herself were on the opposite side.

The debate stretched between the two sides for hours and hours until it was unanimously concluded that only Abby was allowed to make the decision since it was her life. Now she sat there more confused then ever.

Why did she come back in the first place?

It was a very stupid decision on her part to come back and now she had deal with the consequences.

"He's not going anywhere. Go to sleep." Mrs. Walker whispered, placing a hand on her shoulder. Abby jolted in surprise at the sudden touch as she was preoccupied fighting a battle against her inner demons.

"Can't sleep." Abby replied automatically. She turned around to face the woman who took care of her for years.

"Oh honey" Mrs. Walker whispered sadly as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. Abby flinched at the touch. Her eyes shocked to see the wetness on her hand. She didn't even know she was crying.

"I know you are scared but you need to rest." Mrs. Walker assured, but Abby shook her head.

"You go back to sleep." Abby ordered as she wiped her cheeks and got up to make coffee for herself. She knew she wasn't sleeping for a while now. It may be days or months before she will be able to do that again.

"Okay, but you go to sleep as well. I hate to see you sick." Mrs. Walker told her as she left for her room down the hall.

Abby sighed. She stretched her limbs and tucked the sheets in for Cole. Placing a chaste kiss to his temples, she quietly tip toed out of the room.

Her father and Mrs. Walker were right. It wasn't about her anymore because Cole was involved as well. She had to place Cole's needs before herself.

Should she give Liam a chance?

Then again her father was crazy at the same time and couldn't pick a side. He mentioned over and over again as to how much he hated Liam but how he still deserved a chance.

It was not like she was interested in spending her whole life with him. In fact she will never be with him ever. So, she can give him a chance to be in Cole's life, right? But something still didn't feel right.

Abby rubbed her temples to ease the pounding there what the hell was she doing anyway? It was 3 in the effin' morning and she was still roaming the halls like a ghost.