Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Dreams, Hopes, and cognitive ability to feel every emotion from hate to love and in between makes us humans. Regular simple everyday common humans. Pain doesn't see your bank balance, it doesn't care if you black or white or perhaps yellow. It doesn't care if you were born near the equator or in the deepest glaciers of North Pole. All that matter is when someone close to your heart declare their hate for you even in the heat of the moment it hurts like a mother fucking bitch.

It wasn't the first time Liam felt that intense of pain that all his existence wanted to crumble to ashes right then right there. Similar to today, he went through hell before when Abby left him. It took him months, years to build himself back from ashes and today again he was ready to shatter any second if it wasn't for Abby's anchoring gaze.

He stood there in his luxurious living room, watching his son cry his heart out in the confine of his lover's arms. His limbs refuse to even twitch as his son's whimpers and mumble of hate towards him echoed his ears like thousands sharp blades cutting through his soul. He stood there like a statue watching the pain and sympathy in his lover's eyes as she stared back at him with watery shocked eyes.

For the first time in years, he knew he fucked up bad. For the first time, he saw himself as the horrible creature he was. For the first time, he saw his faults which were a lot. For the first time, he realized how fucked up he was to hurt Abby.

It was never her fault. She loved him dearly but he was just too stupid to understand. He understood Abby's hate for him with the knowledge that he deserved it more than anyone else. For once he hoped Abby to just extend that hand one last time and pull him from the pits of his dark world. Lonely, fucked up world. One last time. But the image of Abby's tears drenched face and her painful sobs outside his door pushed him further into the hell he already was.

"H-hate him...." Cole whimpered in Abby's arm snapping Liam from his almost dead state." Ssh... Baby" Abby whispered hugging her son close while keeping her eyes glued on Liam just in case he crumbled to the floor any second.

Liam was everything an asshole, emotionless selfish prick but he was never a broken man that she knew. And at some point she wished for that cocky Liam to stay so she doesn't have to see the agony on his face. "I-I....i'm....." Liam choked through clogged throat automatically stepping back from Abby and Cole. The pain evident in his eyes as he slowly distanced himself from his lifeline on shaky legs shook Abby's heart like 9.8 magnitude earth quake.  

"Ssh... Baby. I love you" Abby cooed to her son, rubbing his back in soothing manner as he coiled himself in her comforting lap. "Mum, he...." Cole choked pushing his head further into Abby's neck. "Baby, look at mum. Please don't cry. It was my fault....I-I didn't tell him about you. I'm sorry" Abby confessed with a shaky voice, kissing the top of her son's head.

"Liam... your dad. He is a good man" Abby whispered to Cole. "He loves you very much just like me" Abby assured kissing Cole's temples once again. "NO. No mum he doesn't. I hate him" Cole shouted hiding his red face in Abby's neck again.

"Cole, he does love you very much. Your cruel words made him cry and I never seen him cry before. Baby, he loves you enough...Enough to even hurt me. You are my good boy right? So please be nice to him. He is your dad and my h-husband. It will make me very happy." Abby requested Cole with puppy doe eyes making him nod his head in understanding.

Without a doubt, Cole would do anything for his mum and if she was happy with Liam then Cole will try to be on his best behavior as well. But only for his mum.

"That's like my brave boy." Abby smiled kissing the top of Cole's head. Thank the heavens Cole was a smart and kind kid and not one of those bratty kids. One kid under control, now where is the other kid, Abby thought getting up from the floor with Cole in her arms and searching for Liam. "Mum, does he love you?" Cole suddenly asked halting Abby in her tracks as she stared into her son's eyes. She doesn't know how to answer her child's question? No Liam doesn't love me. Maybe yes. Definitely No. Then why did he literally dragged you down the aisle?

 The real question isn't whether Liam loves you or not but whether you still love him or not? Her bitchy conscious smirked in her head.  Please... I don't love that narcissist impulsive douche, she hissed back in her head. It didn't seem few minutes ago when you were ready to throw yourself at him in order to protect him or when you cried to see him in such pain, her conscious reminded her.

Like If I give a rat's ass about if he loves me or not? And he married me because he's just an impulsive douche who does shit for the fun of it plus he probably wanted to give Cole his name that's it, she debated in her head.

"So does he?" Cole asked again observing the anxiety on his mother's paling face. "Uhm....we are working on it" Abby muttered an adequate answer under her breath as she started walking upstairs towards the bedrooms. "Mum, Do you love him?" And yes Cole strikes again. Right on her hurting wound. "I-I... don't know" Abby hissed through greeted teeth ready to kill her more than jumping conscious.

Reaching the top of the stair, Abby opened one of the bedroom with Cole still in her arms. Depositing him softly on the bed, she removed his shoes and jeans and dropped them on the floor. Scooting him over, she gathered her dress and got into bed. "I love you, mum" Cole whispered hugging her waist and lying beside her as she dragged him in the confine of her arms. "I love you too" Abby smiled kissing the boy's head and holding him dearly as he fell into deep slumber.

Liam sat in his office with a bottle of whiskey in his hand as he gulped it down his throat like water. Everything was too much for him to survive the pain, the guilt and the shame. The night seems impossible without anything strong enough to numb all the memories and possibilities his over imaginative brain as managed to assemble.

The image of him marrying Abby, holding her close every night, watching her being pregnant with Cole, fighting with her followed by make-up sex, loving her, raising Cole together, playing with him, teaching him how to walk and talk, and growing old with Abby made him laugh a humorless painful laugh. It seemed that his fucked up life had manage to poison all the sweet memories and dreams he once had. Now all there left was Abby's and Cole's invincible hate.

Wiping the tear sliding down his face, he smashed the empty bottle against the mirror that kept showing him his pathetic self. Stumbling out of his chair, he walked across the hall towards one of the bedrooms. One after another he kept opening the door hoping to find someone who can comfort him. Hold him but he found none eventually he reached the bedroom where Abby and Cole. Throwing open the door, Liam stood shocked to see Abby still here. He shifted his eyes between sleeping Cole and Abby as she stared back at him with caring eyes.

"I-I.... I-I....I'll....."Liam choked half wishing Abby would hold him like she was holding their son. He stood at the door fidgeting with his head down in shame. Taking a deep shaky breath, Abby finally unwrapped a hand from Cole's small body and extended towards the other vulnerable child Liam Black. Picking his head, Liam stared at Abby's extended hand for a minute before he stumbled into her comforting arms like he wished for a million times.

Author's note:

Not edited: Okay everyone, i am officially not back yet but here is treat for all of you (if you like this chapter). I don't know what i juts wrote but its more then nothing. please read, vote and comment. I know i am great writer but i try really hard so enjoy. Thank you very much