Chapter 27

"Abby, please don't leave." Mrs. Robinson grabbed her arm as Abby exited the house.

"I am sorry but I can't do this anymore." Abby whispered tiredly. In fact she was exhausted. So much had happened since yesterday that she had no idea how to cope with. If she stayed here another minute she would be collapse and she couldn't let that happen ever again.

She wouldn't let herself break down like this. At least not in front of her anyone.

"I am sorry but I can't let you leave like this. Liam would be very mad at me if I let you leave like this. Please" The old woman pleaded but it was having no effect on Abby as she stared at her coldly.

"As if I care" Abby hissed bitterly as she ripped her hand away from the woman's clutches. Adjusting Cole in her arms, Abby walked away.

"Please my dear. Please stop them. Your brothers are going to kill him." Mrs. Robinson cried for Liam's safety.

"Let them fight, they'll eventually stop when they get tired." Abby drawled coldly.

Mrs. Robinson stared at Abby's retreating back. She couldn't believe her eyes. How could such a sweet and warm person turn out to be this Cold and emotionless bitch. This was not that sweet and innocent Abby she had once known.

Abby's bare feet touched the warm concrete but she couldn't care less. She just wanted to get away from everyone as soon as possible. she hated this. She was much happy living alone.

Cole had gone completely quite from the shock. All the blood and yelling scared him to no end. His mother had gotten hurt as well and he never wanted to see that again. Everyone was bad in there. He didn't like them because they hurt his mother.

Reaching the metal gate, Abby reached inside the booth, she was opening the door when she saw the phone there. She grabbed the phone and informed the police of the situation inside. Then she pulled the handle located under the wooden shelf and lock for the metal gate clicked open.

Sighing she exited the gate. Her body ached badly but her mind was too occupied to care for it. Her hand continue to bleed and throb but she did not care for it. Her main priority at the moment was to get Cole into safety. The sky had turned gray like Abby's depressed mood. However she continued to walk down the road with Cole clinging to her neck like glue.

Liam's house was about thirty minutes away from the main road. So she had to walk the distance in order to get a taxi. She was glad that Cole had calmed down now. The pavement digging into her bare feet but she continued to walk, away from the mess her presence has caused.

May be she shouldn't have returned. That way Liam would never find about Cole and never force her to marry him. Her family would also live their life in peace and not go on rampage like this. She had to fuck it all up and jeopardize Cole's safety. She no longer wished to be associated anyone one of those people. She had begged and pleaded but they never listen.

The sky roared just like the anger bubbling inside Abby and rain poured down. Abby and Cole were soaked to their bones in a minute. She could hear the police siren in the background but she did not return.

Reaching the end of the road, Abby hired a cab. She told the driver the address to her house and tried to dry Cole as much as possible. She kissed his head as he tried to dry her off as well.

He was such an amazing child and she was very lucky to have him in her life. He kept her together, like a sturdy glue. Without him she would fall apart in a second.

The car ride was spent in silent as both Abby and Cole tried to comfort each other.

Reaching her house, Abby exited the car. She told the man to wait, so she can gets his money from inside since her purse was still at Liam's house.