Chapter 37

Crash

The noise echoed the house.

"Could you be any careless?" Liam growled at the workers.

Only God knows what the man was up to this time. Abby shook her head at him.

She had no idea what was going on? People were going in and out of her house, moving boxes since the morning as directed by Liam but she didn't bother asking him. She knew he was up to to no good and she didn't want to be involved with his shannigans anymore.

Cole and she cleared the living room furniture aside to make space for the train set. They quietly worked on assembling the damn thing since after the breakfast. It was a very big train set, almost taking half of the area was taken already and they weren't even finished setting it up.

Cole had asked a few times as to what was going on but Abby just shrugged her shoulders at him. She was very much interested in setting up the train. Both mother and son remaind engrossed in their toy set while Liam kept instructing the people to move the boxes.

"Bathroom time." Abby told Cole as she got up from the floor. Cole nodded his head at her but otherwise made no move to get up. He remained sprawled on the floor just like before.

Abby got from the floor. She stretched her limbs and moved towards her bedroom. She was furious at Liam for invading her personal space but she kept it under a tight leash.

She is not going to freak out. He wants a fight out of her and she won't give him the satisfaction of messing with her. Abby reminded herself.

She entered her bedroom.

Clutter

The noise echoed the room. She immediately went into the closet and there was Liam hunched over a fallen box. He was trying to put the paper and file back into the box that scattered on the floor when he tried to take it down from the shelf.

The site of her very personal belongings on the floor was enough to make her finally snap.

That's it she had enough.

"What the fuck is this?" Abby growled. She moved forward and snatched the box away from his hands.

"Abby."

"How dare you touch my stuff. Who the hell gave you permission to go through my stuff huh?" The nerve of this man.

She does not even allow Cole to touch this box and here he was having a field day with it.

"Abby, I was ju..." He tried to explain but she wouldn't listen a word from him.

"Don't you fucking dare. I have been dealing with your shit all morning long. I am not saying anything to you doesn't mean you cross your limits and start dancing on top my head. Get your men and yourself out of my house right this minute." She roared.

She shoved the files and paper back into the box.

Abby covered the box and shoved it back into the closet where it belonged. She fisted her hands to control her anger and turned around to leave but Liam grabbed and pulled her to his chest.

"Let me go." She thrashed in his arms but he held her firmly to him.

"What the hell is wrong with you? One minute you are holding me and the very next minute you are throwing boiling water at him." He growled at her furiously, frustrated.

"Let me go." She gritted her teeth.

He pushed her back and gently pinned her to the wall behind. He stepped between her legs and slammed her hands beside her head on the wall.