Chapter 44

After brushing his teeth, Cole ran into the kitchen. He smiled at his father who was plating their breakfast at the counter.

"Eee... daddy look."

He showed his pearly white teeth to the old man and the man nodded in satisfaction.

"Good boy." He praised.

The little boy grinned up at his father. He was just so darn cute like a puppy. The old man could not stop his hand from patting his head affectionately.

Liam grabbed the plates with both of his hands and moved them towards the dinning room.

Cole grabbed on to his father's jeans as he happily padded along to the dinning area.

"Where is mum?" Cole asked.

The little boy frowned to see his mother missing. When he came down earlier, he thought his mother was already in the dinning room but she wasn't.

"Mm... let's go get mum first." Liam smiled down at his cute son.

He placed the food plates on the table and grabbed the little boy from the floor into his arms.

The boy giggled as he was lifted into the air and carried upstairs. Liam pushed his head into the boy's neck and tickled him.

Cole laughed and squirmed to push the older man's face away from him.

They laughed and played with each other as they slowly made their way upstairs to the room where Abby and Liam had their little chat this morning.

"Aah..."

A screamed echoed the house and Liam' s heart dropped.

"Mum" Cole cried.

His eyes widen in fear and worry and he thrashed his tiny to body to be placed back down on the floor, so he can run to his mum as soon as possible.

Liam tightened his arms around Cole's body and ran up the stairs with the speed of lightening.

They both crashed through the bedroom door a second later and their eyes widen at the scene before them.

The bedsheets were pulled down from the bed and thrown to the floor along with the pillows. A lamp was broken and glass was shattered on the floor everywhere.

"Mum" Cole choked painfully.

He leaned towards his mother but Liam pulled him back. Big fat tears rolled down his cheeks on to Liam's arms. He cried to see his mother in that horrible condition.

Liam carefully placed Cole on to the floor and pushed his tiny body behind his legs in a protective manner.

He slowly carefully advanced towards the corner where Abby was sitting on the floor.

She had her head down in between her legs. Both of her hands covered her ears and even though her eyes were tightly shut, tears kept falling from eyes onto the floor.

Her body rocked body back and forth like a maniac.

Liam gulped the anxiety and fear clogging his throat as he carefully moved forward to reach his wife.

His heart bled with every step he took towards his broken wife. He felt as someone was carving his heart painfully, bit by bit with a knife.

Where one side of his brain was telling him to run away, the other was telling him to pull her into his arms and absorb all of her pain.

He could feel her pain and it was too much for him to handle. His own hands and feets swelled and shook badly as he made his way towards her.

Some tears slipped through his eyes as he saw her wither and cry in pain. He almost wanted to rip himself into his pieces for causing her this much pain.