Chapter 43

"Daddy, no" Cole cried as Liam continue to tickle him.

Abby never knew one simple word could bring her whole world crushing down in a second. Her heart clenched so tightly inside her chest cavity that for a minute she thought she was heavy a heart attack.

She had not felt this types of ache for some time now. So, the impact it had on her body was even worse. She was trembling with fear but she would never admit that.

Abby stared wide eyes at her son and his father wrestling on the bed by her feet and she felt sick to the pits of her stomach.

She swallowed the thickness clogging her throat again and again but her throat felt dry as the desert. The more she stared at the scene before her, the harder it was for her to hold down her gut content.

Abby shut her eyes close. Seeing is believing so as long as she does not see then it is not true. She tried to fool her brain in order to calm her aching heart. She would never reveal her weakness in front of that man.

Even though she refused to look at the father son duo, their laughing voices vibrated against her ear drums and she almost screamed at then to stop.

This was not true.

She repeated over and over again in her head to prevent herself from exploding.

"I am going to eat you, muhaa.."

"Hehe..."Cole giggled.

His cheerful voice vibrated off the walls and scared the life out of Abby. His tiny body lunged itself at the old man who caught him in his arms immediately.

Liam laughed at his son's cuteness. He allowed himself to get tackled on the bed by his son.

Cole sat on top of Liam. He grabbed the old man's beard and rubbed his face against it, giggling and laughing in the process.

Abby was confused to as what cause this dramatic change in Cole's behavior. Till yesterday, the boy refused to even acknowledge Liam's existent and today they were acting like the best father son duo in the world. 

There was something she was missing but what? What exactly happened the night before that caused Cole to change his mind all of sudden?

Did Cole decided to leave her?

Did Liam turn him against her?

Did Cole hate her?

No, Cole would never betray me.

All kinds of thoughts were popping in his head and none of them were any good.

Did-did he threaten Cole?

The thought burned her blood with furry. She snapped her eyes open and glared at Liam in nothing but absolute hate.

She would kill that fucker for threatening her son. How dare he?

"Mum save me." Cole cried.

His tiny body jumped into her arms and Abby catched him. She kicked Liam who was crawling towards them on the bed like a beast.

Her blood boiled at the site of that fucker. She should have thrown him out of her life when she had a chance earlier. Now he became a real pain in her ass.

She wrapped her arms tightly around Cole and held him close to herself. She would never allow that beast to hurt her son. She would never allow him to get close.