A Chilly Afternoon

I felt my legs grow stiff and I began to shake realizing I was only a few feet away from Peach Creek's infamous gang.They were a notorious group of delinquents who terrorized the citizens of Peach Creek who were unfortunate enough to grab their attention. Although those that stood before me were only high school students, they were just as ruthless as their senior members. There looked to be about 9 of them here ,all male.There was 4 members sitting down on the boulders around the entrance, 3 more were stood against trees. 2 more members were standing only a mere 6 feet away from me with there turned to me.

I took a step back trying my best not to get noticed by the group. My anxiety grew with every second to the point I couldn't move from the fear. If I just got out of their view I could make a run for it.
Please don't look this please don't look this way. I have to get out of here.

My knuckles turned white as I gripped the strap of my bag. I start to breath harder as I carefully take a second step back looking down to make sure I stepped around the fallen leaves on the ground below me. There was an overgrown throne bush that hid the entrance of the trail located only 5 feet away from me , if I could just go behind it I could successfully run away.

As I look back up I flinch as my eyes meet a pair of brown eyes belonging to one of the gang members. I stumble backwards and make a run for it as the guy motions towards me and soon all the members look at me.

I only made it 7 footsteps away before I was tripped by a leg causing me to land face down on the ground. I shook in fear as I turned over still on the ground as the group surrounded me.

"Hey little dipshit,Where you heading off to?" I looked at the group in fear as they all looked down on me. I recognized every single person standing above me.

"It's not very polite to run when you see someone. I'm hurt!",Jo the blue haired Caucasian placed his hand over his heart and faked an expression of sadness.

"Yea we just want to play a little, isn't that right Frank?" Matt the blonde haired Caucasian spoke up as he looked behind him.

My body froze as the name came out of his mouth and I felt a cold sweat. Frank was the supposed leader that lead the junior members of the gang. He was a tall 6'3" ,19 year old senior at Peach Creek who was recognized for having a signature 5 inch scar on the right side of his face beside his eye. He was the reason everyday at Peach Creek High was hell for Edd. No matter how much he hid, how much he avoided being seen by him, Frank always found a way to me. He always told me I was his favorite punching bag. I was a favorite plaything for the gang, I was attacked more than the other unfortunate people who didn't have the privilege of being surrounded by people. Ed and Eddy missed classes routinely so every time I was alone, they took the opportunity to torment me. I couldn't bring myself to tell Ed n Eddy what was happening, I didn't want to trouble them with my problems. They had so much to deal with as it were. Ed with his parent's favoritism and neglect, Eddy with his brother's superiority complex and his parent's drinking problem. I couldn't bare to ask them for help ,what could they do about a gang? I've seen first hand how they dealt with my former bullies, their anger. They were always quick to fight to defend me as kids but as I grew up I realized how much them helping me now could affect them. This was a gang after all,it's not the same as an elementary school bully. The worse possible outcome for their interference would be becoming a target as well or even killed.

I managed to put away my fear for a few seconds and be as polite as possible to get out of this situation lightly harmed. I have to show as much obedience as possible, they always treated me better when I complied to their demands. In a shrill voice I greeted them as I usually did when I encountered the group,
"Good-Good evening gentlemen,Is there -Is there something you need from me? I have some studying to get done at home."