The Morning After

I was awoken by a bright streak of light hitting my face through the curtains. I groaned in bed as I started to wake up fully. When my eyes finally opened I blinked in confusion as I looked at the surroundings in front of me.

"Where,Where am I?" I sat up and tried to stand up but a slight pain caused me to fall back onto the bed. I felt something squishy upon impact and confused I groped the squishy blob. When I turned my head and looked down I felt my face burn.

I'm touching-I'm touching Kevin Barr's
I couldn't help but squeal in admiration as I poked his squishy cheek. He's so cute up-close. How did I get so lucky to wake up next to him?

Memories of last flooded my mind and I finally remembered why I was sleeping in my crush's bed. After we finished watching The Inevitable we put on another horror movie. I must have fallen asleep after that because I don't remember the end of the movie or Kevin falling asleep next to me.

A groan broke me out of my thoughts, I looked back down and noticed Kevin was beginning to wake up. With another groan he opened his eyes and his green eyes stared up at me.

"Good-Good Morning Kevin." I smiled down at him. He stared at me for a bit more before he shot upright.

"Edd?!"

"Yes?"

I stared in confusion as his face turned red.

"My bad,I forgot about yesterday." He let out a small laugh and got up from the bed.

"What time is it Double D?"

"It's- 10:30?! Oh dear we woke up quite late didn't we?"

"Late? It's way too early to be up on a Saturday!"

"Do you usually wake up late? This is the first time I've woken up so late." I can't remember the last time I woke up so late, yesterday morning I did wake up quite late but not as late as this.

"Really? Well it's not that big of a surprise that a dork wakes up early every morning. Anyways,how are you feeling?"

"I feel a lot better today, my wounds don't hurt as much as yesterday. Thank you for helping me."

"You're welcome dweeb, don't overwork yourself though your cuts might reopen. Do you want to eat something?"

"I would! I'm starving. May I use your bathroom before though?" I move to the edge of the bed and carefully stood up.

"Sure go ahead , there's some extra toothbrushes you can use underneath the sink cabinet. I'll be downstairs when you're done."

Walking out of the room I walk towards the bathroom to get myself ready for the day. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my situation but for now I should pay back my gratitude towards Kevin for helping me yesterday. It's crazy to think after years of not taking to Kevin, I'm in his house, wearing his shirt, and about to eat breakfast with him. It all seems like a dream I never want to wake up from.

Unfortunately that kind of thinking will just end up causing trouble. I have to find a way to get back into my house, I need to hurry and study with my notes before Monday. I can't allow my grades to slips all because of what happened yesterday. I wonder if Kevin has any notes or textbooks I can use to study with in the meantime.