Chapter 6 (currently rewriting,still readable)

I finished changing into my clothes and folded the towel. I grabbed my clothes and folded them as well. Putting on my hat and grabbing my clothes, I went out the restroom.

"Dweeb? Are you done changing? I'm downstairs in the kitchen." I heard Kevin calling from downstairs.
I headed down the stairs and a delightful smell hit my nose. I entered the kitchen to see Kevin standing by the stove, a pan and spatula in hand.

"Kevin?" I asked unsure that it was really Kevin Barr the school's toughest football player cooking.

"Uhm...Have a seat I'm cooking some pancakes."

Wow! Kevin knows how to cook? He really is a perfect guy! I walked to the table before remembering the clothes. "Um Kevin...where do I put my dirty clothes?, I asked looking at Kevin.

"Oh just put em in that room" He said pointing to a door across the kitchen by the living room.

His grammar was off...I went to the door and opened it. It was a tiny room with baskets in it. Turning on the lights I walked to a blue basket. Looking in the basket I saw a pair of boxers. I blushed staring at the boxers. The tag was showing revealing a black K,on them. I felt a sweat drop forming.

"Dork?" I heard Kevin calling.

I blushed more placing my clothes on top of the boxers. "Coming." I called back. I turned off the lights and closed the door.

I'm such a pervert! I would never touch dirty boxers! There might be heaven knows what kind of bacteria on them! But... If they were Kevin's...I wouldn't mind as much...
What am I thinking so early in the morning?!!

Sighing I sat down in a chair. Looking up I stared at Kevin who was still cooking. He was humming happily looking at the pan making pancakes.

He looks like he really enjoys cooking. He never mentioned that he's fond of culinary arts. Is it a secret? Haa! Ah! Does this mean I'm the only one who knows?!

"Don't scare me like that!!" I hear Kevin yell. I jumped too.

"P-Pardon" I asked scared,confused,and worried.

"Y-You...Just... That sound!" He yelled again pointing at me. I could see a slight shade of red on his cheeks.

Sound? ... OMG! "I-I didn't mean to make that sound out loud!! I-I'm sorry!" I shouted back feeling my face grow hot.

Kevin turned back around his cheeks still red. "I-it's ok...just it s-sounded...Weird..." He said mumbling the end. I blushed looking down and playing with my hands.

Was it really weird? Whenever I get excited sometimes I just squeal. Eddy complains about it too. He said it makes me sound like a female. He always makes fun of me for it. I can't help it. If I get excited I can't control it very well.

I hear a plate being placed on the table and looking upward with my eyes I see Kevin standing over me looking away.

"T-Thanks..." I say awkwardly.

Kevin just nods his head and sits down across beside me.

Kevin places syrup,and whipped cream on the table. Then theres a bowl of strawberries!

I looove strawberries! They're my favorite fruit and flavor. I smile and reach for the bowl. Placing a spoonful of cut strawberries on my plate.

I cut my pancakes and take a bite. Wooow! These are the best pancakes I have ever tasted! They're so fluffy and soft on the inside... Mmmm now I know food heaven is scientifically possible!

I look up fork in my mouth and see Kevin frowning his eyebrows furrowed. That was the face Kevin Barr made when he was mad.Oh Dear. Did I upset him? Maybe my excitement really weirded him out... Did he see me looking at his...undergarments?! No. Maybe I wasn't suppose to get strawberries. Maybe he regrets helping me? Did I do something wrong...sniff.I'm probably a bother to him... I should just go home... But I don't have my keys. A-and I'm really scared to go, what if they come back. I'm used to bullying ,but they're far worse than any other bully I had.

I felt tears welling up and I started to sniff to try my best not to let them escape.

I bothered Kevin... Sniff... I bother everyone...sniff... I try my best at everything so I won't bother anyone.. Sniff... It doesn't work! Somehow I always mess up!

I felt a tear slip out,it slid down my cheek. I can't cry! All I ever do is cry I need to be stronger.

"Hey...D-Edd?... What's wrong?!" I hear Kevin ask confusion in his voice.

"N-noting" I try saying but my voice is high and I feel another tear fall.

"Edd! You can't say it's noting if you're crying!" He says placing a hand on my shoulder. I feel more tears fall as I look down on him, as he's now sitting on the floor by my knees.

"I-I'm a b-bother to you! I always annoy everyone no m-matter what I do! I-I can't stay here, I'm s-sorry." I say my throat feeling dry making it hard to swallow.

"W-What?! What're you talking about Edd?! You're not a bother. Why would you think that?" He asked looking at me with his face filled with worry.

"B-because *sniffle* I made a weird sound and it made you uncomfortable! A-and I took too many s-strawberries! A-and you took me in and I'm a burden to you, no,everyone around me! I try so hard to not make anyone hate me or be a bother... B-but I always fail! I want to go home,but I'm scared! I'm scared t-they'll hurt me! I can't protect myself...*sniffle* I-I'm too weak...I can't do...anything...*sniffle*." I yell trying to get things off my chest. I sob and wipe my eyes with my arm and back of my hand. Kevin probably thinks I'm such a weakling.

"Edd. You're not a burden on anyone. I chose to help you. I don't hate you. I-*cough* You can have as much strawberries as you want... I put them out for you. A-and you didn't make me uncomfortable. It's just that the you know the sound you made was *cough* ho-you know...It was a c-cute sound and I don't think you realize what sound you made!"

My eyes widen... He said I sounded...C-Cute! Omg! Kevin said-

"A-and no ones gonna hurt Ya... Cause I'm here..." He finished as he wrapped his arms around me. Hugging me tightly.