Chapter Thirty Eight

The next morning was a rainy and cloudy day. The sky was dark gray with flashes of lighting appearing every so often. I was quite happy that I did not have to attend school today , I could enjoy this beautiful day at home.

Home...

I've stayed with Kevin for so long this is starting to feel like my home. I smile sadly remembering today I go back to my house. I turn around to be greeted by a peacefully sleeping Kevin.

I sure am going to miss waking up to this I think brushing my hand fondly against Kevin's cheek.

It's a perfect day it'd be a waste to spend it feeling sad. I quietly get out of bed and find my clothes. I make my way down stairs to Kevin's kitchen and start making coffee.

I grab two mugs and pour coffee into each,adding sugar and cream into a mug. Black coffee has never been one of my strong points, unlike Kevin who has quite a fondness over strong coffee.

I walk into Kevin's room to find that Kevin has woken up. "Morning dork.", He grins. "Good morning Kevin." I greet back.

We drink our coffee and enjoy a peaceful morning together. "So are you excited to get back home?" He asks with a joyful tone but I could sense a bit of sadness lingering in his voice.

"Well I'm certainly happy to be able to see Jim again. Good Lord I wonder how much dust gathered inside the house. I will...miss waking up every day to see you beside me . " I smile, grabbing his hand to embrace it with mine.

"You could always stay the night whenever you want , you know that right edd? " Kevin reassures me gripping my hand a little more.

"Thank you for the offer Kevin. It means alot. " I look into his eyes smiling gently.

It's been a rough couple of days but I'm thankful to have spent them with Kevin . Because of certain terrible events I was able to spend wonderful loving days with Kevin.

   Although I'm not happy to have to go back to my house tomorrow. It won't be so bad. Kevin still lives across the street from me so we'll be able to see each other everyday, and in only a couple of years we'll be old enough to buy our own place to call home.

    I'm certain everything will be alright.

    The day passsed fairly quickly. And soon Morning turned into Noon and Noon to Night, then as much as we hated Night turned to Morning. It was nine in the morning when I spoke up and decided it was time to go.

     Kevin carried the backpack he had bought me yesterday and we proceeded to my house.

     "Well this is it. " I smile and take my belongings from Kevin's hands.

     "I'll be across the street so you know shout my name if ya need me. I sure will miss having lay beside me while I sleep Edd." Kevin confessed, blushing at his declaration he turns his head To the side.

      "You could always sleep over anytime you'd like Kevin. " I offer. I stop the gasp coming from my lips , realizing my mistake. If Kevin sleeps over there's a chance he'd see Frank.  "But it'd be best if I sleep over at your place. Sorry my parents would have ground me if they knew I had people over. They hate when the house gets messy." I nervously smile making up an excuse.

     "It's alright Edd, you can Come over anytime you'd like." He smiles at me. "Thank you."

    I place a tender kiss to his lips, unlock the door,and walk inside.