A Secret Between Us

"It's still going to be hard for you to forget the things I've done to you,I know that much,but I promise I won't do anything to hurt you anymore Edd."

His voice was tender as he spoke and his eyes were filled with what I could only describe as regret. It made me believe he was sincere with his words.

"I believe you. It's not the first time I forgive a former bully." Kevin's face popped into my head,reminding me of their fight. "As long as you stay here I would appreciate it if you didn't mention this to Kevin,please."

I knew not telling Kevin would be a terrible idea but he wouldn't understand why I wanted to help Frank. I know he wouldn't like it so for the time being it'd be best not to tell him.

"Sure thing. I doubt he'd let me stay here with you anyhow. It'll just be a secret between us. " He turned towards the living room and I saw a slight smile on his lips.

"Thank you Frank." He must have just been happy for the acceptance to stay here, I thought to myself.

I spent the morning cleaning up the mess in the house and taught Frank the rules of the house. I made sure to get a spare toothbrush and toiletries for him to use while he stayed here and showed him the guest bedroom he'd be sleeping at.

The house was perfectly spotless when afternoon came so I went into my bedroom to write a letter to my parents.
My parents raised me quite strict compared to most of my fellow classmates so I grew up without technology. Mother and Father didn't own a cellphone themselves either so when they went away on business the only way to reach them was by mail.

Dear Mother and Father,
   I have cleaned the entirety of the house once again. I made sure the cupboards were in order and the dishes are where they should be next to their labels. The utensils are arranged correctly and laying flat in the drawers just like you requested they be. I made sure to keep the garden in order and watered the plants every day. Lastly, my room is still as clean as the day you left, I have never missed a chore.
  I hope your research is going smoothly.
                       Your Son,
                      Eddward Vincent

The garden, I had completely forgotten to keep track of it. I missed 2 weeks of tracking the growth of the plants,not to mention I wasn't able to water them. They must have all perished by now, I would have to go to the store and buy new seeds and replant them all. How could I be so irresponsible? If mother or father ever found out- no, they won't be back for at least another 2 months. I had plenty of time to replant them all.

I shook the worry out of my head and sealed the letter into an envelope placing the stamp ever so carefully onto the top left corner. I walked to the guest bedroom and knocked on the door.

"Frank I'm going to be out of the house for about 20 minutes. Please watch the house while I'm gone."

"Got it."

I walked downstairs and made my way to the front door. I replaced my white bunny slippers for my shoes and grabbed my scarf and coat. I opened the door and was greeted by the chilly afternoon autumn wind of Peach Creek.

I began to walk down the street of the Cul-d-sac,passing by all the familiar houses of childhood playmates. The trees around the houses had turned into colors of orange,red,and yellow. Leaves had fallen to the floor causing each footstep you took to make a crisp crunching sound.

Autumn is such a beautiful season. It's such a joy to see the trees turn from green to orange as each day passes. Not to mention the beautiful leaves that fall to the ground!

I stop my step and reach down to pick up a large orange-brown leaf. "You're such a perfect leaf, I'll press you to persevere your beauty." I carefully held on to it as I continued walking to the post office. 

"Hey Double D! Over here!" I turned my head to the direction of the voices and I smile formed on my lips as I saw Sarah and Jimmy waving in my direction.

"Come over here for a sec would ya?"