ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 11

Spider-Man swallows hard, his breath shallower, his voice fast.

"This is serious" Victoria though, waving away the thought bubble.

"You need to hide your face. You don't tell anyone who you are. No one can know. He's got everyone in his pocket" Spider-Man tells the boy.

"What?"

"If he turns the machine on again, everything you know will disappear. Your family, everyone -- everyone. Promise me you'll do this"

"I promise" Miles responds.

"Go! Destroy the collider. I'll come and find you... it's going to be ok"

As Miles clamber up a debris pile to the floor above, Victoria stares down at her friend who smiles tightly at her, nodding for her to leave him. Miles peeks up to the top of the collider...

Ж

Down below the conversation continues as Kingpin enters.

"Tombstone. We're done with tests. Get that thing ready to go again" the scientist backs away running. Kingpin shakes his head "Run faster. These guys are weak"

Kingpin approaches Spider-Man.

"I'd say it's nice to see you again, Spider-Man. But it's not" Kingpin sneered down at the hero as Victoria and Miles watched quietly as it unfolded.

"Hey Kingpin. How's business?" Spider-Man asks sarcastically to the huge man before him.

"Booming. Ha!" Kingpin takes off Spider-Man's mask.

" Aw, that's a no-no" he is revealed to be Peter Parker, 26 years old and blonde "This might open a black hole under Brooklyn. It can't be worth the risk"

"It's not always about the money, Spider-Man" the villain says.

Prowler appears from the darkness and advances on Peter.

"Don't you want to know what I saw in there?" Spider-Man says.

"WAIT..." Kingpin's hand raises. Prowler halts at the order.

"I know what you're trying to do. And it won't work. They're gone" Spider-Man says.

A flash of fury spears in the other man's eyes and Kingpin delivers the death blow himself, making Miles gasp and his aunt cover his eyes while she tries to hold back tears at the loss of her friend.

"Get rid of the body"

Miles' eyes widening and when he moves slightly it makes debris fall. He and Victoria froze.

"What was that?" Kingpin asked.

They follow the noise up to Miles' and Victoria's hidden place.

"Kill that guy" the huge man shouts.

Miles and Victoria run away as the Prowler takes off after them. They raced down the tunnel toward the light of the station and hop over the fence easily, no hesitation.

A subway train comes at them and Victoria watches as Miles leaps into the air and grab onto the ceiling so she did the same, praying that she would also stick. Luckily she does and they let the deafening subway pass beneath him.

Prowler walks to Miles and Victoria right when the boy realises his hands are still stuck to the ceiling. Miles swings his legs around to free himself as Prowler approaches and Victoria reaches over to him to try and help him off. A nightmare come to life.