ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 12

Their voices fade.

Ж

It didn't take long for Victoria to burst into tears as soon as she was in her house, sliding slowly down to the floor as she tried to breathe properly. Trying to keep the tears at bay she makes the decision to call Mary Jane Watson.

Her line rings while Victoria held the phone up to her ear when her old friend responded the call. With a heavy heart she told the red haired woman on the other line what had happened, thanking the woman when she trie to console her and then breaking down alongside her.

Ф

Victoria wakes up as early in the morning as she could and dresses in her only black dress in her wardrobe. She looked at herself in the mirror, making sure her hair was not completely messed up as she pulled it up into a bun against the nape of her neck.

She goes to her sister's house and sneaks in to get her car keys, not really wanting to explain why she was dressed as she was to the other woman.

Ф At the funeral

"Thank you Victoria, for being here" Mary Jane tells the Morales woman "I, I have to go. They want an interview so..."

Victoria nods and hugs the redhead one more time before saying goodbye.

Ж At The Morales Household

"We interrupt this broadcast for a special report. Sad news tonight. The hero known as Spider-Man has died after injuries related to another powerful earthquake in Brooklyn" over a montage of people around the city finding out Spider- Man died.

"Multiple sources are confirming that Peter Parker, a 26 year old grad student and part time photographer, operated as Spider- Man for at least a decade, saving by some counts thousands of lives around the world. With these tragic seismic events on the rise, one can only wonder, is there anyone who can keep New York safe?" people look at cell phones in Times Square "Peter Parker, Spider-Man, is dead. /He is survived by his wife Mary Jane and his aunt, May Parker. /Our hero Spider-Man is gone"

Rio covers her mouth as she gasps and remembers that Peter Parker was an old friend of her sister.

Ж

Miles stands in front of a TV display at a store window. All the TVS are playing the news about Spider-Man's death. Miles looks at the TVs, his reflection appearing between photos of Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

"My husband Peter Parker was an ordinary person. He always said it could have been anyone behind the mask. He was just the kid who happened to get bit...." Mary Jane Watson says on TV.

Miles looks at a Spider-Man costume, deciding

Miles looks at a Spider-Man costume, deciding. Then buys it from the comic book owner with white hair and sunglasses.

"I'm going to miss him" the man tells Miles.

"Yeah"

"We were friends you know" the store owner answers.

"Can I return it if it doesn't fit?" Miles asks as he holds up the Spider-Man mask to show.

"It always fits. Eventually" there's a beat. Stan head tilts to a sign: NO RETURNS. He smiles.

Miles goes into the bathroom and puts the costume on, staring at himself in the mirror

"He didn't ask for his powers. But he chose to be Spider-Man" the TV continued to announce MJ's speech.

Miles experiments, crouching in a classic Spider-Man pose. He relaxes then quickly tries another pose. Then he walks in a sea of well wishers in full costume, many also in Spider-Man costumes, homemade and store bought.

"My favorite thing about Peter is that he made us each feel powerful. We all have powers of one kind or another. But in our own way, we are all Spider-man. And we're all counting on you" the interview continues.

"They're counting on me" Miles told himself.

"Probably not you specifically. I think it's a metaphor" one of the other people around them says.

MJ backs away from the dais. Aunt May comforts her and then Victoria does the same offscreen. Miles rounds a corner and takes out the Spider-Man Origins comic book. He flips to a page that depicts Peter testing his new powers by jumping from a building.

Ф

Miles runs yo a flight of stairs with determination shining in his eyes as he burns through a door and onto the roof top of a building. Miles walks to the edge, looks down and then across to the neighboring roof, calculating the jump. He backs up. Cracks his neck. Waits there.

Then Miles runs down a flight of stairs.

Miles, disappointed in himself for chickening out, eyes a shorter building. He runs up another flight of stairs. He backs up , cracks his necks...then runs, gaining speed...

...and trips on his untied shoelace, falling to the ground bellow.

Miles lands with a crack, and pulls out the key which is now completely crushed from his body weight.

Ф

It's snowing now in the city. Empty and quiet. Footsteps on snow as Miles approaches Peter Parker's grave. He takes off his mask, looks down at Parker's gravestone and sighs, then speaks, so softly we can barely hear him.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Parker... That thing you gave me, that key..." he holds it out "...I think I really messed it up. I want to do what you asked. I really do, but... I'm sorry. I'm not sure I'm the guy. I can't do this without you"

"Hey! Kid!" a voice comes up from behind Miles.

Terrified, Miles pulls his mask down and turns around as the figure steps forward. Miles panics and throws his arms up, accidentally delivering a surge from his hands which was his venom strike. The Dark Figure flies back as webbing flies from his hands and sticks to Miles, yanking Miles forward.

"Woah!!" the boy shouts in surprise.

Miles sits up and looks at his hands from where the webbing had come out of.

"What did I do to him? Uh..." he asks himself "I'll have to ask tia Victoria about this"

And yes he did go to his aunt for most things, especially scientific or experimental ones.