Chapter 2 - The Boss

CHAPTER 2 – THE BOSS

"MIA, MAKE me coffee." Her boss commanded as he scans through the mountain of files laid on his table.

"Right away sir." She replied, bowing her head a bit and proceeded to the kitchen.

She took the coffee maker and put some coffee beans in the filter. And because almost all of the devices in the room of her boss are voice automated...

"Coffee start..." And the machine started making the coffee. It was created without any buttons. A voice command is the only thing needed for it to start. It is one of the very many patented inventions of Mateo's company. The DC group of companies.

She was waiting for the coffee while thinking about what happened yesterday with her boss.

SHE WOKE up alone inside the VIP room of the bar with pain searing on the thing between her legs. Mateo is really a gentleman and a monster in bed.

She searched for any sign of another person inside the room, but she found none. He must've left already.

She looked around for her phone to see if he sent her any messages. When she found it on the bedside table, she saw three messages from her boss.

From: My Boss

'Thanks for taking care of me last night.'

'I told Fernando to wait for you in the parking lot.'

'You can take the day off.'

'Thanks for taking care of me last night?'

Did he mean the part 1 or the part 2? Mia's face felt hot when she remembered what happened to them last night.

Was that really me? I even bossed him around for a bit. I must be out of my mind.

She bit her lower lip. Well, it looked like it wasn't much of a big deal. Perhaps not to him, anyway.

That thought pained her.

Of course it wasn't a big deal...It was just a one night stand to him. Now, I'm just one of the lucky girls who got a taste of the famous billionaire Mateo De la Cruz.

She sighed.

But that night will truly be one of her most treasured memories. Making love...wait...I meant having sex with the man I love.

*Ting*

SHE STOPPED reminiscing when she heard the coffee machine. That means the coffee's done.

She took the coffee machine and poured it in a mug.

She took a whiff of the coffee. It doesn't have the aroma like the coffees made in Café TEEWS but it is the coffee that Mateo is used to. TEEWS is a coffee shop she discovered a while ago and she fell in love with ambiance of the place, especially with the coffees they serve. She will sure come back there to try their famous newly concocted cappuccino.

After putting the coffee on a saucer, she went back to her boss's table and placed the coffee on his desk.

He took a sip of it while typing something with one hand in his laptop, then he placed the mug back and continued working.

"Is there anything else you want sir?"

"No thank you...That's all."

"Okay sir." She just said. He didn't even glance at her even for a second. Well, at least he said thanks.

She returned to her cubicle just outside her boss's office and started working.

Everything turned to normal with them after that night. It was like, nothing actually happened between them. Mateo's driver just fetched her and she reported the next morning. That's all. Just the same employer-employee relationship.