Chapter 17 - The Stowaway

CHAPTER 17 – THE STOWAWAY

"I'M VERY sorry sir, but we still couldn't find her."

"THEN YOU'RE FIRED!" He hangs up the phone and slammed it on his office table. He blew a loud breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. Then he lays his head on his swivel chair and blankly stared on the ceiling of his office.

"Another PI fired? That's the tenth one this month."

Mateo glared at the man who shamelessly entered his office without his permission. "What the hell are you doing here?" He sternly said not looking at the visitor.

"To annoy you of course... And to deliver a package." Tsukishima said.

"Just leave it there..." He groaned and went back to sit properly and opened his list of the available private investigator he hasn't hired yet, to hire. "Lock the door when you leave." He added.

Tsukishima smirked. "Were not in your house, you idiot. And I'm not leaving, I'm curious to the package your mother sent you. She rarely gives you one since you always hated them."

He didn't argue since he's been having a headache and he doesn't want to intensify it. He needs to focus on the important matter right in front of him.

"Still couldn't find her?" Tsuki said. He was now in front of his office table, crossing his legs in his visitor's chair.

His fingers paused from typing. "No. But I will definitely find her." He said with determination.

"You've always been saying that since three months ago. What if she doesn't want to be found? I thought you didn't want to take the responsibility, that you don't believe it's yours."

He gritted his teeth, trying to control his anger like what he's been doing for the past months.

He doesn't understand hi self either. Isn't this what he wanted? For her to stop annoying the hell out of him regarding the baby?

But why?

Why is he so keen in finding her?

The day after the party, when they were leaving Barcelona, she told him that she is not coming with him. She said that she wanted to explore Barcelona first which was immediately agreed upon by his mother. And he can never win with his mother so he was not able to take her back with him.

Up until now he still has no clue why his mother really adore Mia. He feels like she loves her more than him. It doesn't bother him a bit though.

But when he came back to his office the next morning, he was completely surprised when all he found on his table was a letter. A letter he never knew, would make his head spinning...

A resignation letter from Mia.

'She lied'. She lied at the party when she said that she was going to stay with him as his secretary.

As he stared in the letter, he didn't realize that tears have already escaped from his eyes. And again, he doesn't even know why?!

'You're making me crazy Mia...' He thought to himself. 'You said that you love me. That you'll always stay with me.' He crumpled the resignation letter in his hand as he gritted his teeth.

His mind reminisced back on that night she confessed her feelings for him.

The night where he finally realized just how important Mia is to him.

***

HE WAS getting really bored after smiling for hours to his parents' visitors that he decided to take a walk. It's been a long time since he's been in the mansion.