Chapter 24 - The Arrival 4

Chapter 24 – THE ARRIVAL 4 (Can't think of another title)

***Hey guys...I'm so sorry for the late update... This chapter was kinda hard to write for me... and procrastination has attacked my system...especially since school started again...anyways... here it is...***

***Beware...this chapter is not that good so you can skip is you want.***

***********************************

Mia took a deep breath and grabbed Mateo's hand. "Sir Mateo... first you have to calm down...Ugh" She grunted in pain again which doubled Mateo's already fast heart rate.

MIA'S SOOTHING voice calmed the panicking Mateo a little. A little because his heart is still beating like crazy.

Mia continued on calming him and he slowly regained his senses and helped Mia lay comfortably on the bed.

With a heavy breathing, Mia said: "Call an ambulance...please..." in between her grunts.

Mateo obliged and took out his phone to call on the number of the nearest hospital. But unfortunately, the nearest emergency center is miles away from their current location and it will take some time for the ambulance to reach the rest house because of the storm.

"Sweetie, uhhh...we have a slight problem... They said that the ambulance will take a while before getting here because of this stupid storm. What do we do now?" He said as his heart thump like crazy and seeing Mia enduring the pain did not help.

"That's a really bad news... Can you call your mom for me then? She has the number of my OB here in Barcelona."

Mateo nodded and called his mother's phone number. Thankfully, his mother answered her phone after the second ring.

"Mateo dear? Are you both in Mia's place already? How is she?"

"Mom help..." He pleaded over the phone, licking his lips as he felt them drying up because of the anxiousness. "Mia, she's about to give birth. I already tried calling the hospital but they said that the ambulance will not be able to arrive here on time because there is a storm outside. Mom, I have no idea what to do."

"Mi hijo...calm down will you. Where's Luke?"

"We were stuck in a traffic so I went ahead the rest house and left him in the car." He wondered if that idiot is still waiting in that damn traffic.

"Alright... He'll probably there soon, how's Mia?"

He looked at Mia and he saw her giving him a calming smile and a thumbs up. He smiled back to say that he is calm even though he is nervous deep inside. She probably sensed that because she mouthed "I'm fine" to him finally easing his raging nervousness for a little bit in the process.

"She's fine, much calmer than I am right now."

"That's good, how many centimeters is she dilated?" Luciana asked.

Keeping his phone in his ear, he asked Mia, "How many centimeters are you dilated sweetie?"

Mia looked at him and frowned while doing some calm breathing exercises. "Sorry, no idea."

Mateo went back to his mother. "She has no idea mom. How on earth would you be able to know that?"

He heard his mother grunt as if he could see her face-palming herself in the other line. "Son, you're not innocent are you? Don't you watch television shows sometimes? Where do you think is the dilation of a woman about to give birth?"

Then suddenly, he realized what his mother meant. "Ahhh...you mean that place." He nodded to himself.

"Alright I'll check." He went to Mia and out of nowhere, he bends her knees and spreads her legs into the position he saw in the medical televisions where he sees a woman giving birth making his beloved secretary scream in shock for a second.