Chapter 28 - The Canopy Bed

Chapter 28 – THE CANOPY BED

MIA SAT on the canopy bed of the twins, bouncing herself in the process and lays down on the velvety mattress to stare into the centre of the canopy bed that connects the red silky fabric of the canopy.

She hears Mateo close the door and sat on the bed beside her.

Now that Mateo finally accepts the truth and admitting his love for her which she still sometimes doubt because of her inferiority complex, she wonders what is going to happen next? Will he ask her for marriage again? If he does, will she be ready? She is still not sure herself if she will say yes though.

With a still confused mind, she rolled to her side and she came facing Mateo's large sexy legs and his face leaning close to hers. Her eyes met his dazzling blue ones. As always, there were always mesmerizing to look at.

Mia unconsciously blinked fast three times when he inched their faces closer, all of a sudden. She felt her heart started pounding hard and her face heating up making her unconsciously bite her lower lips to supress the emotions from her heart.

She wasn't sure if it was just her imagination or that she heard Mateo groan a little.

"Don't bite your lip Sweetie." He said in a raspy voice.

She immediately removed her teeth from her lips and it formed into a thin line. "Sorry...Does it bother you?"

Mateo leaned a little closer then he sensually rubbed his thumb across her lips while she is still lying on her side. She can feel the sensual touch of the calloused skin on Mateo's thumb slowly scrape across her lips.

"Yeah, it bothers me." He said. His voice suddenly became deeper and lower than before. "A lot."

He gently caressed the side of her lips with his thumb the moment it ended its travel across her lips.

"Uhhh, sorry then. Uhm...I'll just go to the bathroom and get changed... my brassiere feels heavy with all the milk." She excused and stood up from the bed.

Well basically, it is true, her brassiere does feel a bit soaked and heavy because of the milk. But actually, she just wanted something as an excuse because she is starting to feel something weird in herself. And she has an idea of what exactly it is.

But her planned escape was halted by Mateo grabbing her wrist and pulling her down into him making her sit sideways on his lap.

"Uhm...Sir Mateo, I'm gonna go get change..." Before he realizes what is going on with her.

But Mateo encircled his arms around her waist preventing her from further escape and stared deeply into her eyes. She can't help but return the look he is giving her. She can feel every sensitive part of her body tingle with the way he looks at her.

"W-what?"

"When are you going to stop calling me Sir Mateo? We have already confirmed that I am the twin's father. So why still stick with formalities?"

"Cause...uhmmm..." She is not sure if it is okay to tell him the reason why she is still calling him sir.

"Is it because I told you to stop calling me in my name after I found out about the baby and got really mad? I'm really sorry about that. So sorry... I know that I won't be able to control my emotions all the time, but when the time comes and I say something that would probably hurt you, and I'm still hoping that that wouldn't happen, do something to wake me up and make me come into my senses, alright? Like punching or kicking me, or anything that can return me back. So please stop calling me Sir and call me by my name again...without honorifics." He pleaded.