Chapter 10 - The Delivery

CHAPTER 10 – THE DELIVERY

He slowly puts the plate on the table and faced Mia guiltily. "Uhm...Mia, I can explain..."

When Mia didn't say anything, he began explaining his side. "I have a serious addiction towards blueberry desserts since I was a kid...and when I saw y-your blueberry cheesecake on the table, I just couldn't help myself... I'm so sorry Mia... I know I wasn't supposed to touch it... I'm sorry." He said, sounding like a boy who did something wrong, (which actually he did) before looking at Mia with an apologetic look.

Mia gave her a smile. "Hey... It's alright." She assured him... "I know how you love blueberry desserts... It's just that..." Her voice began to break and her eyes started watering which added to Mateo's already guilty conscience..."I- I wanted t-to slice the cake first...and I want to see how satisfying it was... You know how nice it is to cut a cheesecake...How the knife slices through the cake till it reaches the bottom..." Tears began flowing her eyes which made Mateo panic. "R-right?"

Mateo felt a pang on his chest when he saw those tears that were because of him, again...making him want to punch and beat up his stupid self.

He quickly reached for Mia to wipe her tears with his thumbs... "Shhh...shhh... Mia, don't cry...Please...It was my fault...I'm sorry..."He said trying to calm her but damn, these tears won't just stop flowing.

She shook her head. "No...I-It's okay really... I'm so sorry for crying like this." She hiccupped. "I-I know I'm being really unreasonable...*sniff* crying over a piece of cake. I'm so sorry..."She said as she also tried to wipe her tears with her arms.

She kept on crying as Mateo also kept on wiping them away. He didn't know what to do. Normally, he would get easily irritated and annoyed when a woman cries in front of him for whatever reason they may have, and just leave them alone, but with Mia... he can't stand seeing her crying like this...

But for some reason, Mateo is also curious. He knows Mia... She would not easily cry over stuffs like this...

But then again, it was his all his fault in the first place... Big deal or not...It was definitely his wrong doings that caused her to be like this...

Mateo led Mia to sit on the couch in the living room and he buried her face in his neck as he still tries to calm her down.

"Hey Mia?" He whispered. "If I buy you another cake just like that would it make you feel better?" He asked to the still sniffing Mia.

He felt her shaking her head, saying no." Even if I want to, TEEWS is already closed at this time, and they are the only ones who make those kinds of cheesecakes." She whispered, trying to hide her breaking voice.

He sighed and scratched his head. He doesn't really know what to do anymore. He knows that Mia doesn't want him to feel guilty but he can't help it.

He searched the insides of his brain to find for a solution. And then a very good yet very terrible idea just came popping in his head.

An idea that will definitely hurt his ego.

"Mia, I'll just go and make a call alright?" He excused himself leaving her still sobbing on the sofa before going in the balcony of his penthouse.

He was welcomed by the cold breeze and the city lights of the New York City night.

He took out his phone from and checked if the phone number he's looking for is still there. He scanned his contacts and found the number he n ever thought he'd call in his life.

'Yes Hello? Who's this?' the person on the other line greeted him.

"F*ck you Ricci! I know you know who I am!" He shouted out of nowhere as he gets irritated whenever he hears that voice.