Chapter 19 - The Kiss and Cry

CHAPTER 19 – THE KISS AND CRY

TSUKISHIMA wanted to laugh as he watched the mad and annoyed look on his friend's face. He really loves provoking him. Setting the bombs then boom!

"Look, she's on the area reserved for coaches. Is she a coach?" He pointed out.

Mateo followed where he pointed and he saw his friend's eyes stare at the woman on the screen with full of longing.

He wanted to feel sorry for him. But he also doesn't want to. He deserves this. They're both standing in the same shoes. And they both deserve to feel the desperation and agony of the consequence of rejecting the woman they love.

Yup, he already concluded that his friend is head over heels over Mia. Who wouldn't notice? This guy's been searching for her for months already. Who would spend millions of dollars just to find the location of someone they don't care?

Only numb people wouldn't notice.

"Next skater for the men's free program... LUKE ESCOFFIER 23 years old from France, skating 'The Midnight Sunflower.'

His attention went back to the monitor.

The guy on the centre of the ice started his performance.

But both of them were not keen to see the skater but the pregnant woman on the by stands of the rink, caught by the screen, enthusiastically cheering for the skater.

When the skater finished bowing to the clapping audience who's also throwing sunflowers to the rink, the camera followed the skater to the bystands. And both he and Mateo were shocked when the skater Luke hugged Mia tightly and kissed her on her cheeks.

He heard something break.

The crowd cheered. But Mia on the screen didn't seem to be annoyed. In fact, she returned the embrace and patted Luke on the head like a little kid.

"Did you see what I meant Mateo? She's completely happy there." He said provoking Mateo. He knows that he is really mad after seeing that scene.

And it seems to be that his provoking was working since he could feel the terrorizing atmosphere currently spreading in the air as well as the dark aura surrounding the annoyed and angry Mateo who was now holding a broken remote control in his hand.

'Ohhh... what a rare sight... Shall we try a bit more?'

"Oh look Mateo, they are now on the seats where they usually the score of the skater."

"I can see that Tsukishima..." Mateo said in a really annoyed tone.

Then the French skater hugs Mia tightly as they both wait for the marks. "Look look! He's really clinging unto her. They seem to be really close to each other, don't you think?"

"I can see that very well Tsukishima..." Mateo said through his gritted teeth. "Now shut up before I break your face."

"Ohhh...Scary... " As if that would work on him. "Mateo! The skater's kissing Mia! How romantic!" The crowd on the video squealed on the couple on the 'Kiss and Cry' area.

Even though it was only on Mia's cheeks.

"Fuck!"

He really wanted to laugh hysterically but he restrained himself. Mateo is super pissed.

And just a second after the kissing scene, something hard went flying in front of them, breaking the TV screen in the process. It was the broken remote he was previously holding.

"Dude! We didn't even know the scores yet!" He blurted out. It was true that he was curious of the scores of Mia's trainee.

"The hell I care! Mia--- my sweetie... *sniff*."