Chapter 5 - The Episode

CHAPTER 5 – THE EPISODE

MATEO SAT tediously on his private plane as it flies back towards home. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

It's a good thing that the issue in Singapore branch was easily resolved. He still needed to put-up an all-nighter though. And now he badly wants some sleep.

But that's not what he really wanted.

He's been dreading since last night. He badly wants to see her...He badly wants to smell her vanilla strawberry scent. He badly needs her.

He asked her to come with him to Singapore, but she bluntly rejected him saying no one's gonna be left in the office if she comes as well.

She's being a really good secretary that it's starting to back fire at him.

These past few days...It's all about her...

And now, he was thrilled with the thought of her waiting for him in his office with her smiling face and greeting him "welcome back..."

Imagining that made him smile.

'I think I've already lost it.'

BUT THE scene in front of him is not definitely what he had in mind.

His Mia, laughing and talking comfortably with one of his greatest enemies in the business society:

Tsukishima Ricci...

It had totally slipped his mind that he was coming over today to discuss the partnership that their companies' going to make to end the years' worth of feud between their GOC's.

But it seems like the feud might be prolonged if he doesn't stop talking to her.

"Mia..." He called for her attention.

The two immediately stopped their conversation and turned their attentions to him.

"Sir Mateo, you're back!" She greeted him with a wide tender smile that cooled off his anger.

But it suddenly went back when Tsukishima greeted him with a smug look on his face. "Yo Mateo! You're back already? I thought you're gonna stay in Singapore for good."

'Annoying asshole, as usual.'

"Nope, I have a company to run...so I can't." He walked towards the two and went in front of Mia to block her out of his sight.

"That's too bad, I was enjoying your secretary's company here. So, are we going to start the meeting about the partnership? You kept me waiting dude."

'Tsk.' If his father wasn't so obsessed with this partnership, he wouldn't really agree. They wanted to start a friendship with the Ricci's and his father still has some authority left over him so he can't say no.

"I think we'll have to reschedule that Tsukishima. I'm not in the mood for another meeting right now." That's a white lie...He just wanted for this annoying asshole to go back to where he came from and leave them alone for good.

"Awww...you tired Mateo? That's disappointing, I was really looking forward to spend some time with you." Tsuki said teasingly. "Good thing you're secretary kept me entertained for hours... We actually started a friendship here...right Mimi?"

'Mimi? Really? So they decided to have nicknames now?' The fact that Mia was already acquainted to this asshole already irritates the hell out of him, and now they have nicknames.

He shot him with deadly gaze. He turned his gaze to Mia who had a confused face at the moment...

"Uhhh, yeah..." She said while blushing...and smiling.