Chapter 7 - The New Friend

CHAPTER 7 – THE NEW FRIEND

MIA brought Viane to TEEWS Café.

TEEWS Café is simple yet cosy. Most of the interior designs are made of really furnished woods which made it look like a tree house and the atmosphere inside will always remind you of home. Only simple wooden circular tables and chairs are place all over the place, but everything is really comfortable. It's a place made for people who wanted a peace of mind and also for people who wants to hang-out.

They sat on a table near the clear glass windows where you could see random stranger walk pass by, with a perfect view of the red and orange hues of leaves of big oak trees, caused by the current autumn season, which really brightens the afternoon.

"It's a really nice place." Viane commented as she roamed her eyes around the place.

"Yeah, and they make nice coffees and cakes too." Mia said. "Too bad I can't drink some, for now."

Viane just let out a small laugh.

A nice looking waitress approached their table, and took out her notepad from the pocket of her waitress's uniform, to get their orders.

"Would you like to order now, ladies?" the waitress ask them holding out her notepad and pen.

"Blue berry cheese cake and an Iced tea please..."Mia said to the kind waitress.

Viane also stated her order. "I'll have the strawberry shortcake and one Bunny Cappuccino please. Thank you."

The waitress repeated their order before going to the counter to account their orders.

"So Viane, I know that this will be a really sensitive question to ask, but... if you don't mind, can you tell me the story about...how you... lost your baby?"

Shoot! That was probably a wrong move, because her expression became really upset. 'Damn you Mia, you and your mouth sometimes.' She scolded herself.

"It's alright, it happened a long time ago anyway. I have moved on already." She said with a sad expression in her face. Viane took a deep breath before starting. "I was just seventeen in high school when that happened. You know, kids in teens, stupidly inlove. Then me and my boyfriend did it, but not that he forced me to...I was a really naïve girl back then, and I liberally gave myself to him. He was my first. And then, one day, I found out that were going to have a baby. I was really happy yet also very nervous, and I'm not sure if I should tell him or not. Because you know, we were still in high school. We don't know anything about parenthood. And also, there's his parents, they were the owner of the school. So, in short, he's pretty damn rich."

Mia wanted to laugh. A woman with a really angelic face would say 'damn'. That's new. But she just continued on listening to her story.

"What would they say if I told them that their son impregnated a common girl who doesn't even have a stand in the social circle. Would they ever believe me? So I planned on telling my boyfriend alone. But then, before I could tell him about the baby, I found out that he only dated me because of that stupid bet he did he made with his friends. I was so mad, so I confronted him. But he didn't even deny it. He even said that he really enjoyed toying with my feelings. And because of that, we broke up. I couldn't face anyone the next day. The news about the school owner's son and his girlfriend break-up immediately spread. Of course, every girl in the campus celebrated. That finally, he's free."

"But nobody knew that it was you? Are your relationship in secret?" Mia asked out of curiosity.

"Yes. All of students have heard that he did have a girlfriend. But they have no idea who it was except for his friends whom he betted with. That's why he couldn't introduce me to anyone and he wanted everything about us to be a secret. And because I was really naïve...'before'... I agreed to it, because I was foolishly inlove with that asshole." Viane continued emphasizing the word 'before'.