Chapter 14 - The Return

CHAPTER 14 – THE RETURN

THE TEEWS didn't seem to be very busy today. And it is the perfect day to spend her day off.

Ever since Mateo left for the business trip, she would spend her day offs on her favourite spot in the café, drinking her ice tea and indulging herself in her blueberry cheesecake.

The bell on the door of the café rang which caught Mia's attention. And a grinning Viane came through the door.

"Mia! Long time no see..." Viane greeted her. Obviously exited to see her after a while. "Ohhh... And loo how big your tummy is..." She exclaimed.

Mia patted her tummy lightly. "Yep...There's a growing big boy right here."

Viane gasped. "It's a boy?!"

She chuckled at her assumption. "No...I haven't really asked my doctor for the gender but... I was hoping that it's a boy."

Viane clapped excitingly before taking the chair in front of her and called out the waitress to order something.

She was really thrilled to see Viane today. They didn't contact each other at all ever since they met. Well, she did try but Viane didn't answer her calls... Maybe she was afraid that Tsukki might be around.

Mia's eyebrows furrowed upon seeing Viane crane her neck like she was peering on somewhere. She chuckled a little upon guessing the reason for it.

"Don't worry Viane, Tsukki's not here. And he's not gonna have a surprise visit with us today." She assured her.

"Uhm... I'm not looking for Mateo...well...maybe a little... but there's also something else I'm worried about. Anyway, how far along are you?"

"I'm in my fifth month now and still growing." She proudly said. "Now, what were you so worried about earlier?"

Viane bit her lower lip, probably feeling a bit anxious to whether tell her or not.

"Uhm...these days, I have a feeling that I am being followed. " She whispered.

'Oh...' Then Tsukki instantly popped in Mia's mind. She could already imagine him wearing his detective costume while following Viane around New York. That thought was really funny but...'I just hope he would not really go with his plan.'

"Ahhh... then you should always bring with yourself a pig can of pepper spray just in case... and..." She isn't sure if she would advise Viane to as the police for help since she has an idea who it is and she doesn't want that 'who' to go in the hands of the police... But just to make sure that she really is safe...

"...and you should go ask the police department for some protection... So they could patrol around the area."

"Wouldn't that bother them? I mean, I'm not even sure if I'm being stalked or what...like, who would even stalk on a simple flower shop owner."

'Ah...So Viane doesn't now that she's a walking angel.'

"Well... hey, anyone could be followed nowadays, and besides, taking precautionary measures are always the best... believe me."

Viane nodded agreeing with her. "Alright, maybe I'll do that...now, enough about me... What about you? Did you tell the daddy of your baby yet?"

Mia blew a loud breath. "I did...but... It's complicated..." She said and stuffed her mouth with a big chunk of her cheesecake.

"How is it complicated?" Viane asked as she sipped her coffee.

"Uhm... I can't...really tell you about it..." She apologetically said.