Chapter 30 - The Shop

CHAPTER 30 – THE SHOP

MIA TOOK a sip of her strawberry-cappuccino frappe made by her favourite coffee shop, of course, TEEWS Cafe.

It has been two months since everything was settled in Barcelona. Everything was great so far that the truth finally came out about the twin's identity giving Mateo the clarity he had always been searching for.

And to her surprise, ever since that day, Mateo has been a hands-on father to their children, giving almost everything he could. Like literally. He's been buying a lot of 'unnecessary' stuffs for Jack and Daniel. If she didn't scold him to stop, he wouldn't have stopped.

And thank goodness that he did because her head was about to explode because of the prices of the 'stuffs' that he has been buying.

She and Mateo decided to go back to New York because Mateo has still some work left to do since his unexpected leave, and also for the fact that Tsukishima's secretary, which was Mateo's secretary for the time being, was left with all the work and that guy definitely needs a break.

She has discovered that Christian was a much more effective secretary than she is which explains why Tsukishima was so laid-off as a CEO. But Mateo said that she was still the best for him.

Of course, Aunt Luciana was crying when they had to leave and Uncle Matthew consoled her to make her feel better. Aunt Luciana was so upset that it almost made her want to stay, but unfortunately, they just can't extend their stay. But they promised that they would be back for special occasions and that made Aunt Luciana feel better.

She heard a baby gurgle and she looked down on the stroller beside her to see the twins playing with their own drools in a very adorable way.

Mia chuckled and she took a baby napkin to wipe off Jack's drools.

She couldn't help but admire her babies' cuteness in their matching outfits. Jack is wearing a mint green onesie pajama covered with cat paw prints while Daniel wore a baby blue onesie pajama with paw prints.

Jack stared at her, as she finished wiping him, with the amethyst eyes he got from his uncle from their Russian side of the family.

She was cooing at her sons when she heard the bell of the shop ring signalling a person entering the shop. She glanced at the door and hoped that it was the person she has been waiting for and thankfully, it was.

She waved at Viane who was currently searching where she is. It got her attention and Viane walked towards their table located near the glass wall of the café.

"Mia!" Viane exclaimed in excitement. "It's been so long." She said when she reached their table and greeted her with a kiss on the cheeks.

"Yeah, it's so good to see you again."

They both took their seats and Viane ordered called on the attention of a waitress to get her order.

"So where are the little ones?"

"Right here." Mia gestured the stroller beside her where the twins are both comfortably seated while observing the people around the café, waving their arms around in their own loveable ways.

"Oh my gosh, Mia! There are so adorable!" Viane said and she squatted on to level with the twins.

"Hi babies, I'm your Aunt Viane. It's nice to finally meet you."

Viane shakes Jack's tiny hand but he wasn't paying attention to her. The two are still busy roaming their eyes around the café.

"This is Jack and this is Daniel." Mia introduced her twins.